Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Andalve

Lenovo G770 doesn't power up

[ Edited ]

Hi, i have a problem with my lenovo g770, it doesn't power up, i don't know what happened, i left the computer on hibernate mode all the night, when i woke up i tried to turn it back in but nothing happened, the computer was plugged in with the power chord and had only the power light on, without it, it just turns off that light, if i press the power button, doesn't happen anything, i recorded the issue so you can check my issue on detail...

If you have any recommendation, or let me know what means this issue please let me know, any comment would be valuable!...Thank you..

Here is the link of the issue i have, this was recorded some hours ago:

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 374
Solutions: 241

Re: Lenovo G770 doesn't power up

Hi Andalve and welcome to the community,

Take out the battery, unplug the ac adapter, take out the hard drive and one of the ram chips.  Hold the power button down for at least 20 seconds.  Then plug in just the ac adapter and see if it starts and shows the splash screen.

If still nothing, try with the other ram chip, try them in different slots.  

Let us know if anything different happens.

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
Andalve

Thank you for your advice, i will try it tomorrow, by the way the HDD is fine since i test it with my other PC, and i did a reimage of the HDD...i will try again with that RAM trick and let you know... thank you

Fanfold Paper
Andalve

Hi again, i tried all the steps and all the ways possible "playing" with the HDD and the RAM with the steps your provided me...nothing different happened, and by the way, thank you for your response and help :-)... please advise me the next step to take here, Thank you!

topmahof

Only one last thing that I can think of to try.

Take a look at the usb ports.  See if any of them are damaged in any way.  Pins bent, maybe making contact with each other.  Little plastic cover broken off. Things like that.

Dave

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
Andalve

nothing wierd on them, i doublechecked and nope... seams like this lenovo is on it's way to the trash bin...

topmahof

Well, let's see if anybody else pops in here with any more suggestions. It sounds to me like a motherboard problem, but I've been wrong before.

Dave
Fanfold Paper
Andalve

Anyone with any other sugestion?