Support in other languages: 
Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo G770 graphics driver problem

modded drivers may work. are you gonna check if it works?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Punch Card
Blackadder

[ Edited ]

bananaman1 wrote:

Look on google "modded catalyst mobile" and read, newest driver from ati on lenovo laptop.

Good idea, was considering it as a "last resort" after exhausting all the official sollutions. So I digged deeper into the driver modding business, but I really couldn't find what I was looking for. Still, it a wasn't a complete waste of time, because, bouncing from site to site, I landed on one that deals exclusively with the latest AMD/ATI GPU drivers and lets you download the full package, not the 1,1 MB web installer on the official AMD/ATI support site (that checks your configuration first and then downloads the good stuff if your hardware is supported). So I found the latest stable WHQL driver package (december 2011), downloaded, installed and everything worked fine. Now I'm just waiting to see if the BSOD's are going to show their ugly face again or not. Thank you for your reply.

P.S. Will post the website name if the forum rules allow it. 

yigit wrote:
modded drivers may work. are you gonna check if it works?

I don't know whether those drivers are modded or not, the idea is that they installed correctly, updated to a newer version and now I'm waiting to see if they solved my main problem or not.

P.S. Like I said before, if I can post the website where I got my new drivers from, please let me know. Maybe there are others out there with the same problem and they would apreciate the fix. (if not the link, maybe just the "google this or that" could be accepted. Thank you for your interest in this issue and your time.

Token Ring
silencesys

Where did you find newer drivers? :smileyhappy:

Do you uninstall old drivers before installing new ones? 

Punch Card
Blackadder

silencesys wrote:

Where did you find newer drivers? :smileyhappy:

Do you uninstall old drivers before installing new ones? 

Oke, I've read the forum rules, nothing in there about not being allowed to post links towards other sites, especially if they help the Lenovo consumer community. So, here it goes:

I've found the latest drivers for my AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6650m on benchmark3d.com. I downloaded and installed the AMD Catalyst WHQL 12.1 that updated my graphics driver to version 8.93 from December 2011. I didn't unistall the old drivers, just updated using this package. Everything is running fine so far. I also installed the latest driver from January 2012, but there were some issues with the desktop not displaying correctly so I rolled back to the stable one from December 2011 (the one I'm using now without any problems). Hope this helps! 

Paper Tape
berserk

Hi I also cant install the new drivers.I downloaded these ones but since they were installed i had a black screen.. Has anyone else tried this?

Punch Card
bananaman1

[ Edited ]
Paper Tape
berserk

thanx i wiil try this.I cant beleave that lenonovo is not taking place for this problem.I have a new laptop and i cant have the latest updates for it??

What's DOS?
EngineerDave

Hi,

Did anyone have a luck with finding solutions?

I have the Lenovo G770 and my AMD card is no longer recognised. I have tried all combinations of Intel drivers and AMD drivers from the Lenovo support website and also the benchmark website mentioned above. I have tried turning off switchable graphics in the bios but to no avail. So now im left with a laptop where the main graphics card is not recognised at all and I cannot use the HDMI port. There seems to be no support from Lenovo. Can anyone assist?

Thank you

Punch Card
poorgeek

Lenovo needs to step up and start releasing updated graphics drivers within a week after the hardware manufacturer (I.E. AMD/ATI, Nvidia) does. All other responses to this problem are a complete disregard to customer service which gets BBB complaints, and word of mouth anti-advertisement for Lenovo. I work for a web hosting company and I speak with more than a million people a year... you do the math. I expect AMD/ATI Catalyst driver version 12.6 in the next week, or I'm spreading the good word.

Punch Card
poorgeek

Lenovo G770 AMD HD 6650M Lenovo Catalyst 12.6 now please.

The current AMD Catalyst drivers for the ATI/AMD GPUs offered by Lenovo are from 2011, and they are not suitable for playing new games on this so called "gaming laptop". Update them now, and continue to do so from here on out as new games and bug fixes for the AMD/ATI hardware and software come out all the time. That's right, I'm saying LENOVO needs to release an updated catalyst version 12.6 since AMD/ATI refuses to create driver software for a customized product. I'm only asking for the service I payed for, 3 years worth...