Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
pavand671
Accepted Solution

Lenovo N100 0768 DKU : Windows XP Laptop Keyboard - weird problem

[ Edited ]

Hi, 
 I am facing a weird problem. I have done multiple virus scan using Norton, CA e trust and other software's but no virus/ malware has been detected.

The problem I am facing is  : If I press a key on the keyboard the value typed is something different. :

key  a --> value typed az

key s --> value typed \sz

key d --> value typed dc

key f --> value typed gfv

key g --> value typed gfv

key h --> value typed hjm

key j --> value typed hjm

key k --> value typed k,

key l --> value typed l.

key , --> value typed ';\

key Enter --> value typed is 1:48 PM 8/15/2008 --Current system date

If I use onscreen keyboard I am able to type properly. I downloaded a program called keytweak and found that the keys where not tweaked by any virus / malware in the windows registry.

I would appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Pavan

Message Edited by pavand671 on 08-15-2008 05:05 PM
802.11n
Solvan

Re: Lenovo N100 0768 DKU : Windows XP Laptop Keyboard - weird problem

It sounds like you might have some debris cluttering under those keys(due to the proximity of the output keys appearing on your screen), perhaps clearing them out could solve the problem.

Otherwise, maybe the keyboard layout could have been accidentally set for a different language than the one you want to use.

Hope this helps.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
pavand671

Solvan,

Thanks for your reply.

I have cleaned the keyboard with air. The language set is US, I have verified it in windows registery. Further I used a USB keyboard and USB keyboard works fine.

A ) I am not sure if the keyboard is defective as all keys work. B) Is it a BIOS problem as earlier I had problems after I upgraded the BIOS to the correct version  and had booting issues (listed in another post on this forum).

I am unable to figure out if I need to order a new keyboard as the keys are working. Not sure if any other Lenovo Laptop user has faced this issue.

Hope some person from the customer support in lenovo sees and replies to this message. With the USB keyboard / mouse, my laptop has sort of become a desktop now :smileysad:

Thanks.

Paper Tape
shaky

Hi, I do not speak english so excuse my mistakes.

I have a similar problem with my keyboard, the laptop is Lenovo 3000 C200. The keys g,b,h,n, arrows,and space present problems and is very difficult write in this conditions. I will apreciate  if anyone can help me with this problem.

What's DOS?
hairylongone

Hey guys, I am also having similar problem and I couldn't use 'colon' or SHIFT + A/S/D/K/L... But those keys are working fine without shift and the shift keys are working fine with other keys... My external wireless keyboard is working fine...

I observed my laptop's  behaviour and found out that, if the laptop is not connected to the internet for two days, then it is working fine for a while...

Anyone has a solution for this problem?

Paper Tape
hammid1981

hey did anybody found a soultion to this keyboard problem ? cause now i am facing the same problem
What's DOS?
vingori

Hi All,

Did any of you find a solution to this problem? I'm facing exactly the same problem as mentioned by PAVAN in the 1st message of this thread?

Can any of you please suggest me what is the best diagnosis for it. Hope you can understand my frustration. Appreciate any response.

regards,

vineet.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
pavand671

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have got the problem solved. The keyboard was faulty. Changing the keyboard solved my problem.

Thank you,

Pavan

Message Edited by pavand671 on 04-28-2009 03:22 PM
What's DOS?
vingori

Pavan,

Appreciate your quick response.

-vineet.