Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
pgt67

Lenovo N500 Mousepad problems

problem with pad is that cursor moving to different parts of screen at intermittent times - quite annoying when typing and all of sudden find yourself typing midway through what you've already typed.

Thanks in advance 

Blue Screen Again
JDSaipan

Re: Lenovo N500 Mousepad problems

Try setting "Tap off when Typing" in your mouse settings....

jwd
Paper Tape
jwd

Can not find the "tap off" in control panel.  Where/how do I find this option?

Thanks.

Blue Screen Again
JDSaipan

The "Tap off when typing" is  on the Tapping tab of Mouse properties.  I also turn off the "Tapping" option when using a mouse (rather than the touch pad).  You may have to download the ALPS mouse driver, mentioned elsewhere.

[I'm travelling and have a slooow internet connection, otherwise, i'd search myself.]

J

jwd
Paper Tape
jwd

Appreciate your response, but I'm still having problems.

The Alps driver version installed is: 7.2.1602.309. 

It does not have a "Tap" tab to select.  The tabs under properties are General, Driver & Detail. When first opening the only tabs are Buttons, Pointers, Pointer Options & Hardware.

Tried updating the driver, advised that the most recent version is already installed.

Thanks.

jwd

What's DOS?
nancybelle

I'm sorry but I am NOT happy with my new Lenovo - just about ready to take a sledge hammer to it. I am a fast typist and it is more than disconcerting to look up after I've written a whole letter in email and discover that numbers, words, symbols, etc. are all scattered about with no rhyme or reason. I loathe the vertical up/down thing and can't seem to make the adjustments to the mousepad. Can anyone help? Anybody??

IPnaSh
Kudos: 369
Solutions: 125

[ Edited ]

nancybelle wrote:

I'm sorry but I am NOT happy with my new Lenovo - just about ready to take a sledge hammer to it. I am a fast typist and it is more than disconcerting to look up after I've written a whole letter in email and discover that numbers, words, symbols, etc. are all scattered about with no rhyme or reason. I loathe the vertical up/down thing and can't seem to make the adjustments to the mousepad. Can anyone help? Anybody??

Which laptop do you have? (complete model) What keyboard layout do you have? What OS do you have?

For asking help, you need to give information because forum's contributor doesn't have the ability to guess.

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
What's DOS?
BorisUK2000

It looks like you are using the standard Windows mouse driver. You need to install a driver for your mouse pad. This will give you a lot more options on the control panel for mouse, such as Tapping, Gestures, Orientation etc.

For example:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-71013

but the exact driver you need depends on the operating system and laptop you are using.