Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
MilindPuri

Lenovo Notebook 3000 N200 0769-ECG windows XP cannot get Fn F5 to toggle wireless on/off

[ Edited ]

I tried to find out what version of hotkey was installed - it reported 5.12.00 of OSD - the release notes were talking about versions 2.x.x.  Does this mean that hotkey is not installed?

I have updated the hotkey driver - no mention of any hotkey updates, only OSD, this was upgraded to 5.13.01.

When I press Fn F5 it says "Unable to change power state 802.11 of wireless radio.  Update the driver for the wireless adaptor."

The wireless adaptor is already on the latest driver.

So how do I get the Fn F5 to work?

Message Edited by MilindPuri on 11-25-2008 10:46 PM
Ctrl-Alt-Del
MilindPuri

Re: Lenovo Notebook 3000 N200 0769-ECG windows XP cannot get Fn F5 to toggle wireless on/off

No answer - looks like no-one from Lenovo monitors these forums even though the support pages appear to encourage their use.

So everyone else with a Lenovo - does the Fn F5 key work for you?  When you look at the driver does it say only OSD installed or does hotkey get mentioned as well?

JaneL

Re: Lenovo Notebook 3000 N200 0769-ECG windows XP cannot get Fn F5 to toggle wireless on/off

MilindPuri wrote:

No answer - looks like no-one from Lenovo monitors these forums even though the support pages appear to encourage their use.

There are a few Lenovo employees roaming around in here helping out on a volunteer basis, but this is not an official support channel. Instead, this is designed to be a user-to-user support and discussion forum. You may or may not get an answer directly from one of the Lenovo employees as there are way more of us than them and all of them, even Mark, have full-time jobs doing other things.

Also, this is a major holiday (Thanksgiving) in the US, so most people, including Lenovo's US employees, are off until Monday.  It's extremely unlikely that any of them will be back in the forum until next week.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Punch Card
meerkat

Hello,

You can try to do the following:

1. uninstall Access Connections

2. uninstall wi-fi drivers (remove from device manager)

3. reinstall wi-fi drivers (call lenovo support to give you the exact MIGR link)

4. reinstall Access connections (same as above, call lenovo support)

5. update Power Management driver

6. update HotKey driver (MIGR-68000)

The important thing is to follow the those stepts in that specific order. Hope this solves your problem.