Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
AgoodUser

Lenovo Rebate Issues

[ Edited ]
Hi All,
 I bought Lenovo L3000 Y410 Laptop through OfficeDepot. I got OfficeDepot reabate for $150 and cashed the check. I applied for $75 Lenevo rebate (entered into the system on 06-DEC-07) and received the approved email on 24-DEC-07. I left 8 messages to 1-800-830-0232 (it directly takes you to message box. No one really answers it) but no reply so far. It is more than 2 months that it was approved.

Online rebate status shows this:
ISSUED: Thank you for purchasing Lenovo! Your online entry was received and approved. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the Status Date for receipt of your rebate check.
Status date is 24-DEC-07

Is Lenovo really sends the rebate checks? I never had any issues with any company regarding rebates. Worst case when I called them, they usually process the rebate. This is the first time in my life having this much pain for a rebate.
Any body had issues the Lenovo rebates? Any suggestions???
Thank you for your reply

Message Edited by AgoodUser on 03-01-2008 09:54 AM
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Re: Lenovo Rebate Issues

[ Edited ]
Agooduser,

I rather doubt that Lenovo directly processes the rebates, but I would be happy to look into the process and see what can be done to get this resolved for you.   Is this still an issue for you?

Can you send me a PM with your contact information?

Has anyone else had trouble getting rebates?   Knowing whether or not this is a broader concern is helpful.

Thanks! 

Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 03-12-2008 01:30 PM

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Blue Screen Again
rsnorris

Mark, I'm right at 6 weeks for mine ... so I'll let you know. 
Blue Screen Again
rsnorris

I'll adjust my dates based on an acknowledgement email from the rebate centre (dated 2008/02/23), I'm at 6 weeks of their 4-6 weeks.

In fairness, this is on the cusp, but the customer experience is poor for a couple of reasons:

1) The only way to contact them is by a message centre.  2 of my messages have not been replied to.
2) The online system to check is broken.  (www.rebatecenterca.com)   The ca is for Canada.  Also, the instructions in the acknowledgement email do not match the online system. (ie: there is no field for the Rebate ID)

I should really know better than to go for a mail in rebate.  Rarely, have I had a good experience from whatever 3rd party that it's always farmed-out to.  I just think companies ought to be mindful that the rebate experience is part of the whole customer experience -- and the 3rd party rebate company has no incentive to keep customers. 

Canadian Marketing Association has a good article on the subject.  I strongly agree with their conclusion:   Mail-in rebates are good for sales in the short term, and bad for business in the long term.

etl
Paper Tape
etl

i received the rebate confirmation email more than 8 weeks ago and still waiting.
i visted the page (www.rebatecenterca.com) to check status, provided the correct information (as appeared in confirm email) and received "no records found" reply despite the fact that I recieved a confirmation email!!

Blue Screen Again
rsnorris

update:  a rep called back.  They have processed my cheque, but they are waiting for funds from Lenovo Canada before they can send it.  Also, the rep further explained the cheque is normally sent 6-8 weeks after the confirmation email for Canadian rebates.

To etl -- that's exactly my experience with the online rebate checker.  It simply doesn't work.  Did you try calling and leaving a message?  My 3rd attempt got a reply.

--Scott

What's DOS?
Barath_S

I have a similar issue Barath
What's DOS?
moumita_dalal

Hi Mark ,

I beleive that ur from lenevo can u pls pass me on a no where i can call for my mail in rebate as it is already 16 weeks that wew hav recd the approval and issued status but no chq till now and i hav left 10 msg in 1800 830 0232 but no response or pass me on the mail id , this is ridiculous ....................
What's DOS?
ravikiran1

I got the MIR from Office depot for 150$ with in 2 weeks from my mailing.I never had a rebate problem till now,this is the 1st time ever faced calling customer care for my 70$ which is not a good sign.I don't like to leave a detailed message to the customer care every time.I would really appreciate if some one can help me to get my MIR.Thanks.