Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
ronbarak

Lenovo Y200 won't charge batteries.

Hi,
I have a Levovo 3000 Y200 (Disney) laptop.
I installed Windows 7 on it, as its much better than the Vista that came with the laptop.
However, seems that the batteries are not getting charged. The two batteries that came with the machine are showing 0% charge, but I figured that it was due to their age (circa 3 years).

So, I bought a new battery, and let it discharge completely, to see if it could be charged, and this new battery also does not charge.
I tried to uninstall/install the "control panel/batteries/Microsoft ACPI-compliant Control Method Battery". Hoever, even after it's re-discovered, no charging of batteries occurs.

Can you suggest what can be done, as for now, the laptop is just a miniature desktop, which won't work if there's no A/C power.

Thanks and bye,

Ron.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo Y200 won't charge batteries.

remove the battery, press power button couple of seconds, it'll turn on the computer then off. replace the battery and try again.

by the way, have you installed windows 7 power management drivers?

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Serial Port
ronbarak

Hi,
I did what you suggested on the first line: no improvement.
As for the second line, I assume the windows 7 power management drivers were installed when the Windows 7 was installed (and I do have power management section in the control panel).
Are there any particular files/directories I need to look for to know if the windows 7 power management drivers are installed ?
Any particular entries in the registry ?
Thanks,
Ron.

Community Moderator
yigit

i couldn't find windows 7 power manage but try to install this first then check if issue persists.

Serial Port
ronbarak

Ah, now that I know what you mean by power management, the answer is yes, I already had it installed.
Bye,
Ron.

Community Moderator
yigit

could be windows 7 issue, shut down your computer and plug the ac power.wait 15-20 minutes then check if battery is charged.

Serial Port
ronbarak

Hi,
I searched on Lenovo, and found a Windows 7 Power Manager" software (version 3.31).
After installing it, it tells me: "battery not installed" (both for my two old batteries, and for the brand new battery I have).
Is there a way to know which what voltage/ameperage should come out of each of the pins the cannects to the battery, so I can test it with amulty-tester and see if if maybe the fault is there ?

Bye,
Ron.

HDMI
tresho

Most laptop external power supplies have the output voltage, amperages and polarity marked on their labels for reference.