Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
imranshahab
Accepted Solution

Lenovo b570e "Plugged In, Not Charging"

Recently Bought the new laptop Lenovo B570e.

Few days back, the battery icon said "Plugged In, Not Charging"

After googling with the issue I found one fix that worked, it is as follows:

1. Disconnect AC
  2. Shutdown
  3. Remove battery
  4. Connect AC
  5. Startup
  6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).
  7. Shutdown
  8. Disconnect AC
  9. Insert battery
  10. Connect AC
  11. Startup

However, today i experienced the same problem and i went for the same fix as above, but it didnt work...

Please Suggest me a permanent solution for this problem!

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo b570e "Plugged In, Not Charging"

can you check power management for if there is any battery reset option? also please try this: remove the battery, un-plug the ac power, press power button for 30-40 seconds, replace the battery and check if it works.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 261
Solutions: 136

[ Edited ]

Hi imranshahab,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

Please check out this article if it helps: Z570 - Plugged in but not charging status message

Cheers,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
umar219

hi, i am using Lenovo B570e, i m facing a problem i.e my battery is discharging excessive heat and giving battery backup just 1 hour ??? any idea about the issue ????

Paper Tape
haoconglu

Hi Lenovo,

My two months' old E530 with Win8 has the same problem. But if I shut down the PC, it will charge the battery to full.

1) I ordered another brand new battery, it's still the same,

2) I already tried the procedure in this thread many times, it only worked for once or twice. It turned to "Plugged In, Not Charging" again in the next power-on of the PC.

3) The Win8 version does not have "Lenovo Energy Management" software so I can not reset the battery counter.

It is very frustrated. Can you please advise?

Thanks

Colin

What's DOS?
brianbacon

Re: Lenovo laptop "Plugged In, Not Charging"

Try this.  It worked for me.  Choose energy management icon from the taskbar (located in the same menu area as "plugged in not charging" - the icon looks like a white car in a red square).  Under the red battery section, select "maximize battery life."  I believe the "Optimize battery life" option allows the computer to almost fully deplete the battery before recharging it.  Although frequently inconvenient if you like to grab your computer and go, this process of near full discharge, then recharge, increases the lifespan of the battery.  Hope this helps. 

Brian

Lenovo U510