Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Dhaval

Lenovo finger print not working

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Lenovo finger print suddenly stopped working last week on my laptop. Further to this while looking for solution i came across the new update available on suppport and download page for my system (3000 N200 0796) (http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-67845).

I unintalled the lenovo finger print software and intalled a new one from above update link.

But still its not working. When i open the finger print reader i get a message saying "Failed to open the sensor" and when i try to access it via client security solution i get message saying "device is not installed"

Further to above i checked the device manager and there is no option for finger print. I thenk checked BIOS and found that under security option ther is also no option of finerpring..!!!

I think deleting the old software completely and downloading was not a good idea..

Does anyone know how to get the fingerprint option back into bios??

Message Edited by Dhaval on 22-05-2009 03:48 PM
Paper Tape
andrytc

Re: Lenovo finger print not working

Hi,

I haven the same problem once I uninstalled Vista and installed XP SP3.

I was able to resolve this by following way:

1. I found in the device manager "AuthenTec Inc." device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers.

2. I opened this device and pressed the "Update driver" in the 'Driver" tab; then I installed the driver for the fingerprinter.

3. As result, the system recognize this device as Personal indentification device; and fingerprinter works properly.

Please let me know if this was helpful.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Dhaval

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I checked under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" but i cant find "AuthenTech Inc." If you have any other idea or possibility to install it than do let me know. Many thanks.

Dhaval

Paper Tape
andrytc

Hi,

Maybe your system recognizes the fingerprinter as other type of device (not as Personal indentification device and not as USB device)?

Try to check if you have any unknown for you device under any devices type.

Good luck, Andry.

Paper Tape
gigithris

Can anybody tell me why I cannot login using my fingerpint device?

I've done the enrollment and the reader always recognizes my prints. However, when I am trying to login using fingerprints, the systems verifies successfully my fingerprints and displays an error message saying that this is a domain user. The only way to login is by using the password.

Any ideas?

Ps

I own a 3000 N200 Windows Vista home

thnx

Fanfold Paper
rob277

Authentic device is listed under Personal Identification Device in Device Manager

What's DOS?
xDaemon

I have unknown device what i need to do? Thx in advance!