Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
neildonovan

My Lenovo B570 is a piece of junk and Lenovo will not do anything about it

I purchased my Lenovo B 570 in June.  Right away, though conveniently outside the 14 day return window for Best Buy, it started acting up.  When I power all the way down it locks up when I reboot it, the only way I can start it is to hit the F8 key while starting it and then go into the last known good configuration to get it going.  Repeated sessions with Lenovo support always seem to wind up with the same advice - "Reinstall your operating system"  I have reinstalled my operating system, and all of my other software at least 5 times.  I don't intend to do it again.

The fingerprint reader is a neat feature, when it works,  I have uninstalled and reinstalled this at least 10 times as I frequently get the message - "Unable to detect fingerprint device"  The first time this happened I contacted Lenovo support and they told me to send it in which I did, at my expense.  Two weeks later I got it back, they said everything checked out OK and I  should reinstall my operating system.

So, has Lenovo helped me, or even recognized that I have a problem - NO!!.  On 7/29 I sent a long email to the email address on the support page - no response.  I sent a letter to Best Buy telling them I was contesting the charge with American Express.  Their response - too bad, deal with Lenovo.  Thinking I should not have sent this email to the on line sales email address on the website I sent a copy of it to Lenovo headquarters - no response.

American Express is still contesting this charge and maybe I will get my money back or maybe Best Buy will put some pressure on Lenovo to do something when they are looking at losing $500.  Maybe $500 is not a lot to Best Buy but I could use it to buy a reliable computer.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: My Lenovo B570 is a piece of junk and Lenovo will not do anything about it

hey neildonovan,

sorry to hear on what had happen. could you pm to me the following :

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

( To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find )

Serial Number (S/N):
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate)

Description of issue :

Troubleshooting Taken : (if any)

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Paper Tape
neildonovan

[ Edited ]

Name:Neil Donovan

Mobile:xxxxxxxxx
Email:xxxxxxxxxxxxx
MTM [machine type model]: B570

( To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find )

Serial Number (S/N):xxxxxxxxxx
Date of Purchase: 6/23/11
Case/Order Number : (if any)I have a list of case nembers.  Normally they search by my phone number.  One of them was WN365122, I don't know if that will help.

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate) Home

Description of issue : Shortly after my purchase my machine stopped at the "Please Wait" screen during boot up.  I could not get it to boot up so I did a system restore.  i reinstalled my software and it worked for a week and did it again.  I called the service number and they told me how to get into the last known good configuration.  However, if I did not go through this step it would lock up everytime I started the machine  Each time I called the service number at the end, after they were unable to solve my problem, they would tell me to reinstall the operating system.  I probably reinstalled my operating system and all of my software at least five times.  Then my fingerprint reader stopped working.  The service rep told me to send it in and 10 days later I got the machine back with a note that it was working fine but I needed to reinstall my operating system.  Reinstalling the operating system seems to be the only thing they know how to recommend.

Finally, on 7/29/11,  I wrote a long email to the email address on the support page and, at the end I asked for a new macine or my money back.  I never received a response to this email;.  Fearing that the email did not get to anyone who could deal with this I sent a copy of the emai , on 8/23/11, l to the North Carolina address shown on the support page.  Again no response.  In the meantime I have disputed the charge with Best Buy.

To date I have received no response from anyone, the machine locks up during the boot process at least three or four times a week.  I have finally resorted to bad-mouthing Bes Buyt, Lenovo and this computer in person, and on the internet, to anyone who will listen.

Troubleshooting Taken : (if any)

Moderator Note; s/n and private information edited for member's own protection

andyP
Topics: 180
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 632

Neil,

please send the information requested to Serge1410 in a private message.

How to send a Private Message

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Blue Screen Again
distagon

Andy, was it solved for neildonovan?
I have the same problem, and according to forums everywhere, it's the common case with no officially provided solution!
andyP
Topics: 180
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 632

hi distagon, welcome to the forum,

unfortunately we don't know because neildonovan never posted or marked a post as the solution. My suggestion to you would be to start a new thread, please don't forget to include exactly which system and what you have already tried as trouble shooting solutions. - Members feed on information :smileywink:

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
neildonovan

I never posted again because after supplying the info serge requested I never heard from him again, their retired employees appear to be no more responsive than their current employees.

I had some Internet explorer problems and working with someone on the Microsoft site I managed to get this thing working better though it still hangs up on start up occasionally.

Lenovo was no help and never even responded to a long letter I sent to their headquarters.

My problem seemed to be incomplete uninstallation of the Norton anti-virus that came with the computer and some updates that were causing my problems

Fanfold Paper
confuzion

neil you have to send all that information in a privte message to him thats what he ment, click private message after you click his name. anyways mine is doing the same stuff almost but mine has a power issue, for you just uninstall bioexcess and yours should work

Community Moderator
yigit

[ Edited ]

@ all
due to jamez no longer works for lenovo, i'm locking this thread and you can search the forum for similar issues. there are already a few threads about b570 issue.