Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
shamal

My new Lenovo Y500

Hi and seasons greetings to all,

I have a brand new Y500 it is standing next to two other lap tops, one a Sony Vaio and a Fijutsu Siemens machine and is about 2m from my wireless router.

Both of the non-Lenovo brands show that the wireless reception is excellent and the Y500 scrapes home with good????

Have not tried it from other locations yet as I am still busy loading programs etc.

In addition why are such machines delivered with 2x512MB's of memory when surely its well know that this is the minimum for Vista. As the machine has only two slots one has to immediately THROW AWAY two perfectly good memory chips if one wants or needs to upgrade. Has the green revolution not got to Lenovo yet?

The last issue is the lack of quality of the User Manual that is often a first impression of the product and the company.  Although I not a native English speaker I  have learnt one thing - if you cannot do the job perfectly at least get someone who can (perhaps that is the influence of working for 33 years with IBM). The manual started off well but then the wording deteriorated so much so that at times descriptions of actions made no sense. Surely Lenovo can afford a qualified translator and an English speaking engineer who checks the wording against the machine/equipment? If you cannot achieve this perhaps you would send any new equipment and instruction manual to me and I will get my wife (an IBMer of 22 years) to proofread the English and I will check the content for accuracy.

Best Regards
Sieg