Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
davidgjohnson

N100 Not Charging... Now I Find Out

I have "lived with" my N100 not charging its battery for almost 1 year. One day the notebook ran just fine on the battery for over an hour... the next day, not at all. The LED blinked for a few seconds when connecting the battery or at power-up with the battery inserted, then stops.  

Immediately I looked online for recalls. This tip was not available at that time. I gave up looking in disgust when I saw that other users were simply having to buy new batteries if their machines were out of warranty.

I registered my warranty immediately upon purchase when I bought the machine in January of 2007.  I was never notified about this issue... today I revived my searches to try to see if someone found a solution to the problem and discovered that Lenovo offered a replacement of my battery (92P1185) for an extended period which has already expired.

I am truly disappointed that, as a registered user of this notebook which faced a known issue, I was never notified. It was evidently incumbent upon me to continually search these online regularly until a tip was placed here.  I am permanently tethered to a power outlet and would be forced to spend a punitive amount of money on a new battery that has always clearly been defective.

Not happy.

3000 N100 0768 WinXPPro
Paper Tape
Wallybox

Re: N100 Not Charging... Now I Find Out

Disgraceful of them. I have the same problem and now had to go out and shell 100 bucks for a new battery. I thought the purpose of registering was so they could inform us for this very problem. First and last Lenovo I buy.