Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
tokih
Accepted Solution

N100 Screen Problem

My N100 is not getting image to the laptop's own screen. At post, the screen image will show for around a second or less, with a slightly red hue. Also, when Windows (Vista) is loaded, the screen will again show for a really short period of time. The D-SUB connector will give a correct image to a TFT monitor. I have tried re-seating the two connectors you see on the left side after removing the panel with the power switch etc. The fact that the screen flickers on and off after certain events puzzles me. The red hue gives me the impression of a cable connector fault, but the systematic behavior of the flickering does not. Any ideas?

Retired Guru
Duck3

Re: N100 Screen Problem

Very possible inverter failure.
Or loose cables to inverter.

Check videos for replacement and troubleshooting.

http://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/ion/N100/index.html
Paper Tape
tokih

[ Edited ]

I tried re-seating the cables connected to the inverter and saw no change. With the symptoms I've described above, is there any chance that the backlight might be broken or is it most certainly an inverter failure? As I do not have a multimeter at hand, I could easily order a replacement inverter if I'd know for sure.

Edit: I decided to order a new CCFL based on the fact that the image shows for a fraction of a second when the laptop boots. I managed to find one with pre-soldered wiring. I will let you (others who might suffer from this problem) know if this fix works or not.

Retired Guru
Duck3

I usually assume failure in this order:
Inverter, cable, lcd panel.

I guess because the cost of replacement is also in that order!

post back
Paper Tape
tokih

The replacement of the backlight solved the problem. I have to admit, though, that replacing the CCFL was a tedious task and I do not recommend it to people who lack patience.