Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
marios1989
Accepted Solution

N500 BIOS update jammed brightness control

i have a n500 4233-hg running windows xp and updated the bios from 6get17ww to 6get18ww in order to activate my hdmi port (yes it has an hdmi port on the left side near vga out). After update hdmi works fine but lcd brightness hotkeys got jammed: pressing fn+f10 or fn+f11 navigates through 14 levels but brightness changes only from low to high and again to low in order (level 1 low , level 2 high, lvl3 low, lvl4 high, level5 low etc) all mid states lost... i downgraded to previous version through the backup file of winphlash and tried other versions also but the problem still exists; any ideas?

p.s i had the ability to adjust brightness levels as just as the machine turned on (from post); info: bios version 6get18ww(1.09) keyboard bios ec: 6gec19ww(1.08)

THANK YOU

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: N500 BIOS update jammed brightness control

hi marios1989
for 3000 serie laptops, power management also installs hotkey drivers. if you don't have any hotkey driver for your n500, try to re-install power management and make sure "utility" checked if asked.

re-installing/updating graphic card also may help you to solve the issue.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Blue Screen Again
marios1989

[ Edited ]

thanks yigit tried all those steps today (finally reinstalled windows and all drivers) but no luck... the problem persists 

:smileysad: 

update: Installed windows 7 on the brighness slider bar when i move the cursor across the bar it also keeps switchin from min to max or from max to min depending on the position on the bar :smileyfrustrated: 

Blue Screen Again
marios1989

[ Edited ]

hey yigit i found the solution it's a bit strange but it worked: disconnected screen and inverter flex-cables from the motherboard, powered on, connected only inverter cable pressed brightness keys and voila!!! (switch off connect screen cable put all things together again... :smileyvery-happy: )