Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
rovertech1

New g570 BSOD while browsing internet

I just picked up two G570's on 1/8/12 --one with the core i5 and one with the Pentium processor.  The pentium one has rebooted a few times on its own (BSOD according to my girlfriend who was using it at the time).  Is there a known issue with this on these models?  Mine has been ok so far the but the other one has rebooted twice unexpectedly and the only software installed since purchase is MS Office 2007.  Only IE was being used when it rebooted. I found one other post about this on this model but there was no resolution posted.

Thanks in advance

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 351
Solutions: 236

Re: New g570 BSOD while browsing internet

Hi rovertech1 and welcome to the community,

Could heat be an issue?  Does the one seem to be any hotter than the other one?  

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
SCSI Port
rzrfreefr

Let me suggest to monitor the sensor temperature and check if it is less than 60C ...

--
http://rzr.online.fr/q/lenovo# g470 s103t (Please Contact me if your s10-3T is booting win7 or support bluetooth, 3g)
Lenovo S10-3t | Model Name : 0651 | Mfg Date: 2010/06/08
Lenovo G470 | Model Name : 20078 | M fg Date: 11/03/23 | BIOS: 40CN23WW(V2.09) 06/20/2011 | CPU: i5-2410M | Linux version 3.3.4lenovog470+ (root@lap) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Debian 4.6.3-4) ) #8 SMP Tue May 1 10:23:48 CEST 2012
Punch Card
rovertech1

I was thinking fan issue but after finding the minidump file and reading it I believe it was software related?  It suggested it was a registry error and the driver that caused the fault(although not a driver?) was ntoskrnl.exe  So far it hasn't bluescreened again after taking out mcaffe antivirus and updating all drivers.  

Punch Card
rovertech1

Ok since I made this post, my machine(the core i5 machine) has crashed 3 more times.  

Once on resume from sleep           --  registry error

Once  idling with chrome open    -- driver power state failure

Once on shutdown(full shutdown)—bsod’d and rebooted  --ntfs file system

using bluescreen viewer i was able to read the minidump files.

All the blue screens have occured in ntoskrnl.exe except for the ntfs one which said ntfs.sys

Recovering would be quite difficult given the software i've installed for school...and it seems that one key recovery is useless once i get the hard disk full over the size of the recovery partition.  

Does this seem like a hardware issue or windows issue?  I'm worried its going to cause me to lose data (or my girlfriends to lose data--way worse!  ;-) )!  Hers hasn't crashed since that one time when we first got it*knocks on wood*.

topmahof

Hi rovertech1,

I marked your post as unsolved since it appears that you still have a few problems, okay?

1.  On the resume from sleep, dunno yet.

2.  idling with chrome open:   Can you see from the minidump file which driver?

3.  NTSF file system:  You might want to run a linux live flash drive or cd and run a hard drive diagnostic.

Dave

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
rovertech1

Thanks for the quick response!

For the driver power state failure one, it states ntoskrnl.exe as the driver (same for all except for the ntfs crash incident...it says ntfs.sys was the driver at fault).  

Despite the minidump not pointing to it directly,  It did happen with my LG phone connected via usb...but i've done that lots of times and never had a problem?

The only thing that all 4 crashes have in common that I can see is that the "crash address" is "ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40"

i'm at a loss because i've been using windows 7 since beta and this is the first machine i've had bsod problems on, lol.  I know windows can be touchy but this is bring back win95/98 feelings :smileysurprised:

topmahof

Hi rovertech1,

Don't even get me started on 95/98.:smileytongue:

You might want to take a look at this and see if anything matches.  There's some good diagnostic procedures there.

It doesn't really sound like hardware.  That ntoskrnl.exe seems to be in charge of almost everything in Windows.

I'd say an issue with the file system or registry or both. At least with some of your BSOD's.

Dave

Punch Card
rovertech1

Now the other computer(the pentium) is acting up and has crashed on resume from hibernation twice in the last week. It just locked up at the login screen and had to be forced off. It suddenly rebooted as well last week and it looked like it was doing a hard drive scan on its own(this event didn't leave a minidump file. She was just about to write an email so ie was all that was open.
Getting really frustrated! Almost ready to sell these computers
Fanfold Paper
cornerstone

[ Edited ]

I just bought my mom the G570 and the same thing is happening to her.  The only new software I installed on the computer is McAfee and MS Office 2007.    All she does is use the internet and check email - so not a heavy user.  One time her computer just shut down while she was using IE9.  The other four times it's a BSOD - when she is browsing in IE9.  Since I'm not there, I can't diagnose the problem. 

I had her take a picture of the BSOD message (attached).  When I last was able to look at her computer I did a Check Disk and Memory Scan and everything was okay.

1.  Where do I find the dump file?

2.  Once I have the dump file, how do I find what the problem was?

3.  I forgot how to find the BIOS version...but I'm assuming that it's up to date since the computer is only a month old.

4.  Any suggestions?

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules