Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
juansuandi

Re: No Bluetooth control in Fn+F5 Menu

I thinks everyone get that issues. so I think Lenovo should correct it as soon as possible.it must be hot key software problem. on my lenovo v200 0764-A16 i just can't turn off my bluetooth.
Lenovo v200 0764-A16 c2d T7500 2gb of RAM
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

All,

I've researched this with engineering and am told that FN+F5 ONLY toggles wi-fi on the Lenovo 3000 product line.  On Thinkpads, it can toggle the Bluetooth.

If someone has an instance where this isn't the case (where it ever worked on the 3000, or is doccumented in the Lenovo pubs that it is supposed to)  I'll go back and revisit the issue with them, but at this point, the official answer is that this is working as designed. 

I'll understand the communities reaction that this may not be working as expected or anticipated.

If there are some new angles on this subject to pursue, I'm certainly willing to investigate further.

Thanks!

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
et
Serial Port
et

[ Edited ]
When I got my N200 series 0769-BRG with preinstalled Vista Home Premium x86, turning on/off Bluetooth from FN + F5 menu worked great. Bluetooth was available in FN + F5 menu and worked. But after installing Vista Business x64 or x86 it doesn't.

Message Edited by et on 03-25-2008 03:55 PM
Fanfold Paper
rmhumphries

Why is this the case though?
Fanfold Paper
Riemen

So as you can see, it works for some users with the default installation.

And for all the users who do a clean install to get rid off all these tons of preinstalled crap it doesn't.
(By the way (OT): Why has this to be? why can't you deliver your machines with just Windows and drivers installed? This would save your customers a lot of time.)

I even don't understand, why this should be by design, because it can't be so difficult to make the Hotkey-app correctly detecting the bluetooth during installation and make it work in the FN+F5 Menu.
Fanfold Paper
rmhumphries

All that needs to be done is make the bluetooth driver and Access Connections compatable.

Shouldn't be too hard, both are software made by Lenovo.
Punch Card
pat22

I dont think it´s only a software problem because when you disable bluetooth manually via windows device manager, the bluetooth-LED of the laptop is still green.
the LED seems not to monitor the hardware of the bluetooth connection really. it occurs to be rather some kind of fake LED.

Fanfold Paper
cabochibaby

I am experiencing the same problem.  Fn + F5 has no bluetooth option.  Will there be a fix for this problem?
Punch Card
firas

[ Edited ]
Mark please check the built-in help (Start Menu > All Programs > Lenovo Care > Access Help). I searched for bluetooth, and under the entry for Using Bluetooth the following was stated:

If your computer is equipped with the Integrated Bluetooth features, you can enable or disable the features by pressing Fn+F5. If you press Fn+F5, a list of wireless features is displayed. You can enable or disable the Bluetooth features with a single click.

We would highly appreciate it if you would find us an actual solution to this problem.

Thank you.

Message Edited by firas on 04-09-2008 11:17 PM
Serial Port
tseedmund

I remember that at some point in time I was able to control both my WiFi and Bluetooth radio via Fn+F5 on my V100. Now, it only displays the WiFi radio.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the Bluetooth driver. Would someone mind trying to install the original drivers for it? I think that could work, but I haven't tried it myself yet. By original, I mean the drivers that came as part of the computer when your computer was shipped, so don't go downloading the latest drivers. I hope someone still has the original drivers?
Edmund Tse
V100 0763-68H :: R31 2656-7LH
Member of #!SUITS. Visit my blog!