Support in other languages: 
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,325
Solutions: 285

Re: Notebook battery is not getting re-charged.

ApnaHaider wrote:
Hello Mark,

I have Lenovo 3000 N100, T2250 @ 1.73 Ghz notebook and its only been 10 months, since I purchase this but the battery is not charging anymore. It always runs on A/C power. Please let me know, what is the problem and what is the solution? Thank you.

Hey - if your in warranty, and you battery doesn't hold a charge, or won't charge, then simply call service and have it replaced.

Thanks!

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Paper Tape
ApnaHaider

What is the number?? And I am in Karachi, Pakistan.. Do you have your office here... ?? And what can be the reason of this.. Is this a battery issue or laptop issue?

Anyways, please let me know, what can be done on my end..? Thank you.
Mark_Lenovo

ApnaHaider,

Sorry again for your trouble.   The battery is at fault in this situation, and service should be able to ship you a replacement.

I don't know about local service centers in Pakistan, but there may be local computer dealers who sell Lenovo products and may be warranty authorized.  If so, they can order and provide the battery to you as a warranty item based on your system machine model and serial number.

You can also call the nearest support number and they should be able to advise you on the best way to receive service, or set it up for you.  CLICK  HERE for a link to the support numbers WW to call for the Lenovo 3000 model laptops.

The nearest number appears to be in India, but there are others as well.   I did not see one specifically for Pakistan....

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Paper Tape
ApnaHaider

Okay thanks again. I just wonder, what will I need to do though? Do I need to ship my current battery and then they (Lenovo office) will send over the replacement battery or what? Please let me know. Thank you again.  
Mark_Lenovo

Re: N100 battery won't charge

Dara,

Send me a private message (little envelope icon at the top) with your model - 0768 or 0689, and your serial number like L3xxxxx for your system.    I'll check it out and advise what I can do.

Mark Hopkins
www.facebook.com/lenovo

Mark_Lenovo

[ Edited ]
You'll need to call the support number in the nearest country and follow their policies.    Here in the US, we will advance ship the replacement part, and then you return the defective within 30 days.

I could assume it is similar, but best to call and have them explain the process directly to you.

The number in India (believe that is closest to you)  is :
India English

1800-425-6666
or
+91-80-2678-8970

9AM - 9PM
Monday - Saturday

You can also click on the "click here" link in my post above for list of country and support numbers.

Best regards,

Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 02-12-2008 09:55 PM

Mark Hopkins
www.facebook.com/lenovo

Fanfold Paper
bonitakale

N100 Battery Suddenly Dead

Having seen that this has happened to others as well, I thought I might as well post what the polite person at the 1-800 number told me -- that this is the way these batteries most often die, not fading out gradually, but just boom.

I guess I'm about to get a new one.  Does anyone know if there are counterfeits out there I should be aware of, or can I pay half the price on eBay and be okay?

Bonita
Mark_Lenovo

Re: N100 Battery Suddenly Dead

Bonita,

Please send me your MT and Serial number for your system and let me see if I can help you before you go buy one.

Use the Private Message function.  Little envelope at the top.

Thanks.

Mark Hopkins
www.facebook.com/lenovo

Fanfold Paper
Skorp1on

Re: N100 Battery Suddenly Dead

Mark,

The batttery on my N100 also died and I think it's out of warranty.  So am i out of luck with the warranty to get new one or you can there's something else you can do. Thx in advance.
Fanfold Paper
bmat

Re: N100 battery won't charge

I faced the exact same problem today on my Lenovo 3000 N100 0689. The battery suddenly stoped working !! It was working perfectly until yesterday. It is more than one year old so I guess no warranty on mine. what should I do???