Support in other languages: 
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 408
Kudos: 1,276
Solutions: 275

Re: N100 Battery Suddenly Dead

All,

With regard to Lenovo 3000 batteries, there are several threads on this board, and I've made a setting change to the forum software to sort threads by newest post so it will be easier to keep an eye out for new posts to look after.   As it was, there are a lot of threads to check up on...

Nonny's correct though that this forum is intended for peer to peer support, and while I plan to spend as much time here as possible to advise, coach, and for some situations to get directly involved, this isn't intended as an order desk.  

But I wouldn't say your SOL.... :smileyhappy:

That said, I'll do my best to help out on these batteries....

hd5032,

I have yours to be worked, sent you a reply PM.

Skop1on,

I've got your PM will advise you tomorrow

Fauzan,

I don't have a PM from you...need your model, (like 0768 or 0689) and serial number... If I can help you, I'll also need name, address and phone number....   Your location may present some addition complications.

abhijeetk,

Tell me a bit more... if your battery is just not holding much of a charge (40 min run time)  that isn't the issue that others are experiencing here.  Your battery may have developed a "memory" and it's working time may be extended through some charge / discharge reconditioning practices.  Maybe you can start another thread asking how to recondition a battery so that others may comment on that?   Some advice on power management settings may also be helpful.

Lastly, depending where you are in the world may determine how quickly I can do something to help you out.  Please bear with me...

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Paper Tape
hd5032

I hope no one took my post as a shot at Mark, it wasn't intended as that.  It was intended to say what Nonny said much more eloquently -- which is that there are no guarantees, and that Mark might not be able to help everyone, myself included.

Anyway, I did hear from Mark as you saw, so thank you!
Punch Card
dietpepsiaddict

No harm done!:smileyhappy:

drinking my diet Pepsi,

dietpepsiaddict:smileywink:
Punch Card
jets

It looks like quite many have this problem with their battery.  Surprising is that many stories tell that battery wen't dead quite soon after warranty ended.

I posted my details in the other thread. But anyway, my battery wen't dead quite suddenly. Before my experiences have been such that batteries gradually loose their capability to store electricity. I believe last time I had some 40-60 minutes of use with battery was just in January. Although, I do keep my laptop usually always connected to power supply, which I know is not good for battery. I actually thought that new batteries would be much more robust and stay alive longer that they used to be, even if always connected to power supply.

Now I also finally noticed that I could have used the computer without the battery at all as it would probably have kept the battery in better condition. Then I could have just inserted the battery when ever needed.

I really hope there is some other solution than buying a new battery, as I need battery quite rarely anyway. For use, I will and would buy the 9-cell version in future, but was hoping to cope with 6-cell standard battery for some time still.

Is there some specific model that is affected? Mine is 0768-BKG. What could be the reason?

I did PM Mark the guru, hope he's got time to reply :smileyhappy: Thanks in advance for Mark for great work.
Punch Card
nr_3000

Mark,

I have the same battery problem as well (3000 N100 0689):

1). The battery works fine for a year (the laptop is used very lightly).
2). Last Friday, I left the laptop on without the AC power.  The computer went off after a while.
3). Now the computer only turn on with AC power.
4). I kept the AC power overnight, the battery is still NOTcharged. (can't turn it on with battery only, and if I unplug the AC power, the laptop will be tuned off immediatly).
5). Now, if I plug in the AC power, the little battery light indicator in front panel shows orange for a second, turns to green for 2~3 seconds,  then goes to total blank.

I sent you a PM couple days ago.  Could you please help and let me know the status?  Thanks a lot in advance!
Fanfold Paper
2-yota

I have a 3000 V100 (0763) that went through nearly identical symptoms as nr_3000's laptop last week.   My battery indicator light will briefly show orange,  then stays on green while AC is plugged in.  The battery was showing about 95 percent charge (based on the power meter) however the laptop won't power from the battery.  The charge is going down by about 1 percent each day and is at 91 percent right now.  While AC is plugged in, everything operates normally however battery no longer charges anymore nor am I able to operate the laptop off the battery now.

-Ed

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 408
Kudos: 1,276
Solutions: 275

2-yota,

I've got your PM and will investigate.   The fact that your battery shows some level of discharge (declining power levels) is a bit atypical of the symptoms.

For those that sent me a PM that I've not responded to, I will.    Give me a day or so to get caught up.

Thanks!

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Fanfold Paper
bmat

Re: N100 battery won't charge

Thank you Mark. You rock man !!! Best customer service :smileyhappy:
Fanfold Paper
cybergini

The problem occurred in my system and i had to purchase new batteries and they are costly. I bought my laptop 2 yrs ago and this is my 3rd battery. I wish this new battery works perfectly for at least 2 yrs
Ctrl-Alt-Del
gorsminuts13

I have the same problem as the others.  My warranty expired Feb 28th!  Up till now I have had no battery problems,  but on Feb 25th while onsite my notebook would not power up without ac adaptor being attached.  The battery status icon shows a large red X.  Is there any resolution for these battery problems? 

Lenovo 3000 N100
Model 0768-E5U
Ser# L3FW195

Thank you kindly,
gws