Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
pradeepmahajan

Re: N100 battery won't charge

I had the same problem with my 3000N100, my warranty was still on, so I got the charger replaced and everything works fine now.
JaneL

gorsminuts13 wrote:
I have the same problem as the others.  My warranty expired Feb 28th!  Up till now I have had no battery problems,  but on Feb 25th while onsite my notebook would not power up without ac adaptor being attached.  The battery status icon shows a large red X.  Is there any resolution for these battery problems? 

Did you call for support on Feb 25th when the problem occurred?  What did they say?

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Ctrl-Alt-Del
gorsminuts13

I have already faxed the proof of purchase to IBM / Lenovo but Eclaim still shows as out of warranty.  The manufacturing warranty expired February 4th, however, our invoice date was Feb 27th.  It sometimes takes a few days to register in their system so  I'm kind of curious to see how the others have made out.

Thanks,
gws
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

I'd rather not duplicate effort, so if service is working this, then hopefully they can update your entitlement and just replace the battery for you.   If they cannot, please let me know.    I have your information you sent through PM and can help you.

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Ctrl-Alt-Del
gorsminuts13

Thank you and have a great weekend.
gws
Blue Screen Again
cyncald

[ Edited ]
I'm having the same issue with my 3000 N100 battery (0768-DLU). My computer is about 15 months old and though Windows indicates that the battery is charging, the machine goes into hibernation immediately when the power adapter is not attached. I assume that this indicates the battery is completely dead at this point.

I'm very disappointed with the extremely short lifespan of the battery. My 2001 Apple Powerbook battery is still going strong after 6 years. This would seem to be a defect with the battery, and I would hope that IBM/Lenovo would stand behind the quality of their products.

Mark, it looks as though you've been able to help with replacements for a number of folks with the same issue. Can you please help?

Many thanks!

Message Edited by cyncald on 02-29-2008 06:50 PM

Message Edited by cyncald on 03-01-2008 01:12 PM
Paper Tape
aethwypod

Re: N100 Battery Suddenly Dead

Hi there,

Looks like I have the exact same problem as this one.   ie my N100 batter has died without warning having never been used much as we normally have it on AC power.  Is there any solution other than a new battery?

Thanks

Huw
Paper Tape
aethwypod

Hi There,

I've noticed that you've had a few messages regarding N100 batteries dying with no prior loss of performance.

I've had the laptop for 14 months and  it's rarely been used on DC power.  Then the other night I un plugged the AC and the computer lost all power.  When the power cable is plugged back in the battery light just flashes orange a few times then nothing.  Checking the power options from the control panel, the computer doesn't seem to recognise that there is a battery there showing 0% charge and a red cross through the symbol.

Is there any option but a new battery?

Thanks & Kind Regards

Huw
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Huw,

Please send me a PM with your name, address, phone , your model type (like 0768 ) and your serial number for your system.

I'll check it out and advise what can be done.  Thanks.

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
What's DOS?
magbiz

POWER RESET WORKAROUND

Try this, I found it elsewhere on the web and it just worked for me:

1. First unplug the AC adapter.
  2. Next remove the battery.
  3. Then press the power button 11 times, and hold it for 30 seconds on the 11th time
  4. Finally plug the AC back in.