Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
jets

Re: N100 Battery Suddenly Dead

Magbiz, this is good stuff to know, but to my understanding me and others in this thread seem to have a problem with the battery, which is not recharging. At least I have no problem powering my N100 on with AC adapter plugged in.

I guess you would have written it here if this would help us with our battery problems..
Punch Card
jets

Interesting, I noticed a new symptom during last few days. No, the battery is still the same, dead. What now happens, is that my laptop hibernates itself sometime during the day, even though the AC is plugged in. And there has not been any breaks in the electricity service, as my other computers which are not laptops, keep running day after day and all none of the other electronics in my home indicate any symptoms of electricity breaks.

So, basically, when I come home, I find my N100 hibernated, has happened already some three or four times. And my power settings are not set to hibernate ever if powered by AC.
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Magbiz,

Thanks for the tip.    While that may help some situations, the battery issue here is contained to the battery itself and cannot be reset - it must be replaced.   This is a unique symptom.

Jets,

Interesting.  You should be receiving your replacement in several days.  Once you have a good battery installed, keep us posted on how these symptoms with hibernation change.

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
amestes

Hi Mark,

I'm having the same trouble with my N100 battery. One day it worked, next day it was dead and couldn't be recharged. I was very surprised at this since as a graduate student working in many different locales throughout the day, I frequently fully charge and discharge the battery. I expected it to last longer than 1 year.

Can you help?

best regards,

ame
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

I understand.   Please send me your model, serial number, name, address and phone via a PM and I'll advise on the replacement.

Thanks.

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
jets

Mark, I will be happy to provide all details regarding these hibernation symptoms. I tweaked the power settings today, maybe something was just old dated in the registry or somewhere else and was now rewritten. So we'll see if I see these symptoms again.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
gorsminuts13

Re: N100 battery won't charge

Hi Mark, I have received entitlement for the replacement battery and have submitted in Eclaim.  Hope to have it shortly.  Thanks for your efforts.

gws
What's DOS?
Fyb3roptik

I am having the same issue with my n100 Mark I will PM you with my info...
Fanfold Paper
Cheyenne

Re: Notebook battery is not getting re-charged.

Hi.   Just came across this thread.  I have a Lenovo 3000 N100.  The battery died three months after I bought it.  I called Lenovo and was told that my warranty was up (because they apparently count the time it sits on the shelf at Circuit City!!).  Anyways.  I have been tied to the outlet with it, and about three weeks ago, the whole thing crashed!  The error message I got originally said something about the battery/power source being bad???  Obviously alot of us have the battery problem, but has anyone else's crashed because of it??  I can't get past the "Recovery" program that is built into it.  HELP!! 
Fanfold Paper
desiboy681

Hi Mark,

I learned after a month away and coming back to see that the battery does not last but died right around 40% of battery life.  I troubleshoot by adjusting the power scheme to make sure that it didn't hibernate or sleep automatically.  However, I realized that it just died around 40%.  I use this laptop to move around to get the work done.  I hope you can help out because the warranty expired just before it happened.  I realized many are facing same situation.

I appreciate for you help.

desiboy681