Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Skorp1on

Re: N100 Battery Suddenly Dead

Hi Mark,

Have you had a chance to review my case yet?  Please advise.
Thx.
Paper Tape
burns2

Re: Notebook battery is not getting re-charged.

I have the Lenovo 3000 and am facing some of the same problems.  My battery also went dead and recently my computer would shut down suddeny even when it was plugged in.  I have found that if I take the battery out it can run on AC power.  My warrenty expired in October. 
Type: 0689-A5U
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 407
Kudos: 1,278
Solutions: 274

Skorp1on,

Yes, I can help you - the replacement is on order as of March 1 should ship to you shortly.

Amestes,

I have your info and can help as well .

Awaiting PMs from others here...

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Paper Tape
JoeT6681

I unfortunately have been changed to the wall also. After about 13 months, the battery stopped working and I called lenovo several times to see if anything can be done since i was only 1 month off of my warranty. They told me nothing could be done, and no rules could be bent. So now I have to spend 100 bucks on a battery :smileysad:  I cant believe how many people are having teh same problem, right around warranty ending. it's just strange. Maybe they are working on a fix for this? perhaps a recall? who knows.....any update on this problem? has anyone on this thread gotten theirs fixed from Mark or any other associate of lenovo? Please let me know if there is hope before I purchase a new battery. Thanks guys and gals !
Fanfold Paper
rikkitikkitavi

Another poor grad student with the same problem with the Lenovo 3000 N100 battery, also at around 15 months after buying it.  Things were going well, and then suddenly the battery will hardly hold a charge.:smileysad:

Does any one know what my best options are at this point?  My 1-yr warranty expired 3-4 months ago, but I have an extended warranty till the end of 2009.  I don't suppose batteries fall under the extended warranty, do they?  If I do decide to get a new battery, where is the best place to find it? 

Thanks, everyone!

Mark_Lenovo

All,

Just send me a PM with your model, serial, name, address and phone.  

I'll advise whether I can replace or not.   Please allow me a couple days to get back to you - my PM inbox stays in the tripple digits as you might expect.

Thanks.

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Ctrl-Alt-Del
kjanjua

[ Edited ]
Hi Mark,
                 Like all those suffering from the battery charging or dead problem I had the same problem right after my warranty expored last November so I bought new Battery but found that it would not also charge so what could be done Now my system information is system type 0768-6KU  Serial # XXXXXX 
I am here in Mississauga Canada Cell # is XXXXXXXXXXX

Note from Moderator:  For your security and privacy, please don't post your serial number or your phone number here in the public forum.  Send it to Mark via a PM instead.

Message Edited by nonny on 03-08-2008 07:41 PM
Fanfold Paper
Cheyenne

My warranty expired at the end of September (??) even thought I didn't purchase the laptop until December.....  After the original battery issue, I took off the battery and that worked for a little while, but then it started suddenly shutting off while plugged in.  A couple weeks ago, the whole thing just crashed!  One of our computer guys at work thinks it might be the motherboard??  Is that possiblke from these battery issues??
Paper Tape
ApnaHaider

I sent the battery to Dubai office and they didn't cover my warranty saying it is burnt or something like that..??? What is this..? I am seeing everyone else is having the same problem on this forum. Please let me know. Thank you.  
Mark_Lenovo

Apna,

Sent you a PM - if you'll share the case number from Dubai, I'll see what can be done.

Everyone else - I've been getting plenty of PMs over the past week and will try to get them all processed and notify each of you this afternoon / evening.

Thanks for your patience.

Mark Hopkins
www.facebook.com/lenovo