Support in other languages: 
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 410
Kudos: 1,306
Solutions: 283

Re: N100 battery won't charge

GhostSender,

I've replied to you on another thread.  

As stated there, I'll try to help on a case by case basis.

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Punch Card
RickFrench

Re: Notebook battery is not getting re-charged.

Well gang - we must say one thing - "Mark" is really trying to help & it is MUCH appreciated!! I don't know what the outcome of my particular situation will be but having once been in a tech support area - his quick resonse is VERY impressive! Lets all work together and see if this thing can be figured out! I will keep all advised if I learn anything!! Cheers!! Rick
Paper Tape
GhostSender

Thanks a lot... I was almost at "giving up hope"... Now at least somebody is trying to solve that problem...
Fanfold Paper
MRstevenleung

I agree ..... at least he said that he will try to help.

I did leave message in the voicebox of the Hong Kong office but nobody reply to me after 9 days already !!

What's DOS?
kadissie

Hi,

My laptop (3000 N100 0768) has had the same problem with its battery. The battery doesn't charge; it says that it has 42% charge and that never changes, but when I unplug mains power the computer dies.

According to the Lenovo website, the computer is out of warranty (one year warranty ended 14 December 2007), but I only bought it on 16 March 2007. Hmmm... one year + one month after manufacture....

R.
Punch Card
RickFrench

[ Edited ]
Contact has been made - VERY impressive!!!! Atta boy Mark!!

Message Edited by RickFrench on 01-19-2008 07:34 AM
Paper Tape
GhostSender

Yep I saw it, and as I wrote there, thanx alot for taking care...
Fanfold Paper
okietxjenjen

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem with my laptop.  This makes me mad.   My computer is a few days out of warranty.....  When I bought my computer from Office Depot the manager mentioned that a customer had problems with her Lenovo battery and told me things to do (once a week let the battery run out then fully recharge).  I did do this and apparently it didn't make a difference.  GRRRR

I forgot to mention the model #  Lenovo N100

I called 1800-426-7378 and spoke to a senior........  Inquiring if he could help me since my computer is out of warranty exactly 1 month he hung up on me.... Not very nice.. 

MOD Edit: Consolidated your 3 posts to improve readability.

Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 01-21-2008 02:26 PM
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 410
Kudos: 1,306
Solutions: 283

[ Edited ]

kadissie wrote:
Hi,

My laptop (3000 N100 0768) has had the same problem with its battery. The battery doesn't charge; it says that it has 42% charge and that never changes, but when I unplug mains power the computer dies.

According to the Lenovo website, the computer is out of warranty (one year warranty ended 14 December 2007), but I only bought it on 16 March 2007. Hmmm... one year + one month after manufacture....

R.

Kadissie,

Please see section of your comment I highlighted.  Typically, the system warranty is based by default 1 year from date built and shipped (either direct to customer, or to business partner / reseller).   As it is possible that a machine might sit in inventory of a store, or otherwise be delayed getting to the end user, a dated proof of purchase can be used to entitle you to service and reset your warranty end date.

I suggest finding your proof of purchase - if you bought in March 2007, you should still have several months of warranty left and the battery should be replaced for you by service.

You may send me a PM if you have trouble.

okietxjenjen,

Please send me a PM with your model and serial number please, and I'll try to help.

To send a private message, click on the little envelop icon in the header section.  Choose send message, and put in my name and the subject of Lenovo 3000 N100 battery.

I'll try to help.

Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 01-21-2008 02:32 PM

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Fanfold Paper
hosscomp

Me too.    Haven't received a PM yet.

Ron