Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
Paul-F
Accepted Solution

Outlook 2010 looking for credential tile

Hi,

I have just recently purchased a G570 and I am having trouble installing Outlook 2010.  It keeps coming up saying 'looking for credential tile'.  I have done a search on this and someone has said that this is due to the Lenovo face verify thing, please see link below 

http://msmvps.com/blogs/thenakedmvp/archive/2010/09/17/quot-looking-for-credential-tiles-quot-messag...

Does this sound about right?  Or if anyone knows how to fix this problem, that would be great.

Thanks

Paul

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Outlook 2010 looking for credential tile

What's DOS?
Paul-F

Right, I have got it sorted.  It appears that the issue is the Lenovo Veriface.  I uninstalled it and I have now installed Office 2010

For those of you who need to know in the future:-

Start

All programmes

Lenovo

Right click the Veriface icon

Open file location

At the bottom there should be an uninstall, click this and it will uninstall.

Blue Screen Again
praveenreddych

Hi,

I had this problem yesterday. I'm running Lenovo ideaPad and the WIndows security credential tiles issue cropped up.

I uninstalled the Veriface, restarted the Laptop and was able to configure outlook successfully with OWA
What's DOS?
Jacke

Hi,

VeriFace is the problem and as soon as you uninstall it the problems with outlook 2010 go away.

That is all fine, but now i do not get the benefit of the software Lenovo boast about and in fact sold to me with my G570. WHAT IS LENOVO DOING ABOUT THIS OLD PROBLEM? Even if it is just to put a warning in the literature and also to stop pre-installing software that conflicts with what is pretty much an INDUSTRY standard. Come on Lenovo, show us that you are a professional organisation. It is possible to solve this since my DELL E4300 has fingerprint recognition and I have not had the problem running the same 64 bit Windows 7 and Office 2010.

Please let us have the solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!