Plugged in not charging message - Lenovo G460

Helpful?
Click ►
Started ‎04-18-2012 by
Modified ‎05-31-2012 by
(22,280 Views)

Plugged in not charging message - Lenovo G460

Question

I have Lenovo G460 which has problem with charging when I plug in power cable to laptop then Power managment shows that Plug in not charging  sometime battery is charged 100% but sometimes  its stuck on 80% and shows Plug in not charging  and does  not increase  to 100% and sometime its stuck also on 60% how do I  solve this issue?

Answer

Charging % start and stop points can be controlled through the power management software.  This is a feature can help prolong battery life by reducing unecessary charging of the battery.

To check / update these settings:

1. Click the "Settings" button. 1.JPG

2. Check "Optimize For Battery Runtime" under "Battery Health" and the problem will be resolved.

1.JPG

Optimize For Battery Runtime" is to protect the battery and extend the lifespan of the battery. Because the lifespan of one battery is related to its charging circle, the power charging will automatically cut off to protect the battery when the power reaches to a certain amount.

If the issue persists, try reinstalling the power mangement software

Uninstall Lenovo energy management re-fix the battery then charge the battery completely then restart the laptop and install Lenovo energy management software again.  

Comments
by Community SuperMod on ‎02-15-2014 05:13 AM
by vimal_vaghela12 on ‎06-08-2014 02:40 AM

My G585 series laptop gets same problem plugged in and not charging 0% charging and laptop get shutdown at the time of removing the charger. Pls help