Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Kyuzo
Accepted Solution

Post One-Key Problem...

[ Edited ]

After uninstalling a program on my new G570, my Lenovo became unsteady (explorer.exe was acting up). System Restore did not help, so I used One Key Rescue and it did help. I noticed upon re-install of my programs that my defrag software showed that there were files lining the edge of C: (on the pre- One Key there was a neat line on the edge with clear space to the end of the disk) and a streak of files through the middle of the disk where there were none before. Now my computer is noticably slower and the download speeds seem noticably slower (Youtube videos now buffer where they loaded seamlessly before). The computer is working well other than the slight slowdown. I've tried multiple defraggers to no avail. The separation of the files seems to affect the computer's handling. The files through the middle of the disk are shown as "unmovable" by SmartDefrag. I tried a boot time defrag with Puran as well to no avail.

Would anyone have a similar experience and does anyone have a suggestion to remedy the problem? When the files were all together at the edge of the disk the G570 performed very well. It is not now erratic, but very stable. I just noticed the slight slowdown post One Key.

Thank you, Kyuzo.

Paper Tape
Kyuzo

Re: Post One-Key Problem...

Fixed.

One Warning: Perhaps it's just my system, but allow EE Boot Optimizer to complete its operation (past the second reboot). I had to power down during the restart because of an emergency, and afterwards the computer would crash and subsequently not reboot.