Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
GSkomp

Pre-installed software - Office trial

I had to re-install Vista, and this wiped everything out. I had upgraded from Office trial version to Office Small Business 2007, even purchase a digital backup to the license key. The OS is installed OK, but to use the license key, I have to get the OEM version of Office trial installed. It doesn't seem to be on the rescue and recovery disks, and I can't find anywhere on Lenovo's site to download it. Anybody have any ideas?
andyP
Topics: 185
Kudos: 680
Solutions: 609

Re: Pre-installed software - Office trial

GSkomp, welcome to the forum,

Here's a link to a thread from someone who was in a similar situation.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Bit Torrent
wjli2

the office 2007 trial can be downloaded from microsoft.com..................
Paper Tape
GSkomp

This is a Lenovo 3000 N100 notebook computer, Type ID = 0768 A49, running Vista Business. I have tried downloading the Office trial from Microsoft, but my license key for the upgrade will not work with this trial. Microsoft says I must upgrade from an OEM trial version, and that I must get it from the manufacturer. Lenovo says to get it from Microsoft. Thus I am in a deadly embrace.
Bit Torrent
wjli2

whoa you are in a dilemma are you.... where did you get the machine from??? Lenovo.com or a reseller???

I don't think the service department stock the Installation Cds, but you may give the store depot a try...

Since you are in USA, you can PM Mark_Lenovo.... i think i am overworking him bit too much, with all the queries, but the Mod here are not Lenovo employee so they can't help with your situation...
andyP
Topics: 185
Kudos: 680
Solutions: 609

The downloadable trial version requires a different type of license key to a pre-install oem version, (the prices are also different). As stated in the post I linked to, it is possible to order the cd from MS, and maybe possible to download the correct version.

TIP: If you need to order a cd for your oem version, there is no law stating you cannot use the downloaded trial version until the cd arrives.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog