Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
mhmdmourad

Re: Problem with Hinges on G570 model laptop

Oh how beautiful are we! A bunch of "lenovo users" all absolutely disappointed with lenovo's products. Absolute same problem, and the images provided earlier were exactly what my laptop looked like.

Walter specified how this can be resolved and luckily I did find the screw and issue solved but wow, very very very surprised at how terrible this laptop's quality is!
As a programmer, I do need a laptop every once in a while; watch me buy a lenovo again? haha right. 

What's DOS?
chasman52

I have this problem with my G570's too. Yes, I have two G570's I bought at CompUSA for Christmas for the family. Both have developed the exact same break from a stiff left hinge. I am sick to my stomach over this!! The damage from this defect is severe. When you lift the lid you are levering the hinge out of the case with such force you can break the case just by opening the up the laptop. These laptops are only 5 months old at this point.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Flame_Alex

So I guess the G575 isn't the only one this happens to... There is honestly no reason we should have to pay for this. Any updates from previous posters?

What's DOS?
jmorgan40

I bought the G570 for my son this year for Law School.  I watched it break before my eyes after only 5 months.  All he did was open the lid.  I have had Lenovos in work for years but this G570 has cheap plastic hinges.  Their service and tech support is very cumbersome to get through and they are hard to understand.  I am sending it back to be looked at by Lenovo but I am expecting them to decline the warranty like they have for everyone else for mis use.  Wish me luck

What's DOS?
LeNoGo

I don't know if I'm reassured or just more annoyed to find that so many have had the same problem.

Tightening screws won't work in the long-term.

I have the G570. The left hinge near the power button came loose after 5 months of careful use.

I noticed the screw had come loose so I tightened it. This solved the problem for about a week. I tightened it again. Repeated this process for about a month before the screw became resistant to tightening. Now I can't risk closing my laptop in case it snaps the case. The right hinge is doing a sterling job though. Well done.

I haven't contacted Lenovo about this yet because right now I constantly need my laptop for work. I assume I'd have to send the thing to them and it would take time before they fixed it or sent a replacement - in both cases I expect the problem would reoccur.

I don't have the money to buy a replacement so I just need to keep the thing working for a few months before I can get on the phone to customer services. In the meantime what I'd really like to know is if anyone has found any other solution to this problem? Is it possible to remove the bottom and solder something?

What's DOS?
rcart2

Re: HELP OF G570 LAPTOP BODY PROBLEM

Yeah and the worst part the right side hinge screw fell out after months putting back the screws; and now in the cheap plastic housing, broke right in the little screw hole. So now the screw just fall right into the case still not able to get it. Just raddled inside. And now on the left side the screw will not go in at all so now I have to hinges with out screws; and now I don't know if I should go to local computer shop and see if they can resolve the problem. Horrible

Paper Tape
racka

I also have the same problem with my G570 laptop!!!!!  Shipped it to Grapevine Tx for repairs.  After 1 week  @ repair facility still no update, or repair status. Customer service is a huge joke! 

racka

Paper Tape
ShrijeshForever

[ Edited ]

**bleep**!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just bought it!! anything i can do to avoid it??? Please suggest me !!!

Paper Tape
markovich

[ Edited ]

No way. Are you kidding me?

I had a Y510 with the same issue and after all these years these amateurs at Lenovo still cant re-engineer this devastating flaw?

I was going to give Lenovo another chance but not after reading this issue still exists. Shows me Lenovo just doesnt care. I can't run fast enough to Asus.

Moderator edit: Profanity removed.

What's DOS?
VarenyaMehta

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

YOU'RE SAVIOUR IS HERE

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Thinkpad-G570-Original-Laptop-Screws-Set-of-Screws-/370616635291?pt=L...

P.S: i just wanted to make the entry like a hero :smileytongue: