Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
MickGrif
Accepted Solution

Really Loud and Annoying Beep with regard to power cord

Hello

I have a N500 and everything: I plug/unplug the power cable or battery becomes low a really loud beep is emitted by the laptop, try as I might I cant seem to get rid of this sound.

Is there anything I can do about it, if I mute the laptop it also mutes, but I would much rather remove it outright.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Punch Card
msadness

Re: Really Loud and Annoying Beep with regard to power cord

I believe there must be a setting option in "sound " section of the Operating System. There should be a leveler for pc sounds or you may try system sounds. try to keep it down. 

Lenovo 3000 N200 769-ELG - C2D T9300 2.50GHz 800MHz FSB-2GB DDR2 667MHz-256MB Intel GMA X3100-500 GB 7200rpm SATA-Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
What's DOS?
MickGrif

Hello, thanks for the reply, I looked through the sounds but this beep is not in it, I dont think its a windows sound, but a lenovo sound

Token Ring
billsite34

This worked on my Lenovo 3000 N500:

In "Control Panel" open "sound",Then in sound, in the "Playback" tab, double click on the "speakers" icon. This will open up a "speaker properties window. Click on the "Levels" tab and this will show two areas, speakers and PC speaker, click on the little speaker icon for the pc speaker and it should show a circle with a slash through it showing that the pc speaker is disabled. Click OK or apply whichever is highlighted.

billsite34

What's DOS?
MickGrif

You sir, are a legend! Problem solved and works perfect. Thank you!:smileyvery-happy:

andyP
Topics: 180
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 632

Glad you found your solution :smileyvery-happy: Maybe you could mark the thread as solved, just click on the "Accept as Solution" button in the post which solved your question.

Doing this; a) helps with members searching the boards looking for solutions, b) boosts the member points who posted the solution, c) members visiting the thread will be able to "jump to solution" from the opening post.

You might also like to award kudos to the member(s) who's posts you found helpful.

Thanks

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

What's DOS?
MickGrif

Have done, Thanks Again!

Blue Screen Again
mamere

THANK YOU!! Have lenovo y710 and the  Lenovo service dept. said motherboard was shot-it's over 2 yrs. old so didn't want to invest in that.  They insisted they were 100% sure this was cause. But I've tried your suggestion-kudos to you!!!!

Blue Screen Again
mamere

kudo to billsite34!!
Fanfold Paper
fleamour

That thing as like an airhorn going off, would wake the dead!