Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
vgeorge

Repair Depot won't finish and return my computer- can someone tell me how to get response?

Repair depot received my G560 laptop on 12/2 after I talked to tech support who assured me it was a 7 day turn around in the repair depot.  So, I figured with shipping both ways, I should not be without it for more than 11 days.

On 12/5 they posted an update that they were waiting for parts.  That is the last update online.  I called 12/7 and was told the motherboard was replaced and they were testing the system.  I called 12/9 and told the same thing.  I asked how long they will be testing the system since it took 5 months for it to happen to me.  I just got the canned apologies and assurances.  But, this guy said maybe 3-5 more business days. 

I called 12/14 (yesterday) and told the exact same update.  She assured me she would email the depot and get an update and call me back.  Of course by evening she had not called.  So, I called again.  This guy told me the update put in their system (still nothing changed online) earlier that day was they were waiting for parts.  So, on 12/5 it was repaired and on 12/14 they are waiting for parts.  CRAZY!!  I explained to him I was going out of town next week and needed it back before then.  He assured me I would have it back before I leave.  How can can make that assurance is beyond me since they are waiting for parts (that they should keep a large supply of since this seems to be a common problem) and he has no idea when the parts will be in.  I told him it was going to be a big problem having it sit in the snow for 2 weeks and he again assured me it will be in my hands before I leave.  Of course, he never asked what day that would be. 

So, tomorrow will be 14 days since they received it and I was told by tech support it was a 7 day turn around. 

Has anyone found a phone number of someone with Lenovo who actually can help me rather than the regular "I'm sorry, ma'am, that you are having this problem"  and  "I assure you ..." employees?  In all my years of laptop use, this is the first time I have had problems with one prior to 3 years of use and even then, it's minor.  Funny how I was told Lenovo was a good brand, but the cheap plastic they are made of should have clued me in.

Please share any successful tips you may have.

Blue Screen Again
vgeorge

Re: Repair Depot won't finish and return my computer- can someone tell me how to get response?

I just called Costco Concierge Service on a whim since I bought it from them. They told me I would have done better calling them first and they would have handled it all for me. They are getting involved now, but I lost time by waiting to call them. Advice- buy from Costco!!
Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: Repair Depot won't finish and return my computer- can someone tell me how to get response?

@vgeorge,

Appreciate if you can drop me a private message with the following information so I can get a customer relations person to follow up on your case.

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM:
S/N:
Date of Purchase:
Case ID:

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Punch Card
Arshes-Nei

The only way I felt any level of success after I had a 2 month nightmare with their service depot similar to the same things you have described, was to insist to speak to a supervisor. I was told it was being escalated to their Customers relations. I know I had posted my thread here, so maybe enough complaints finally got to their Customers relations.

While I do understand that their tech/depot is limited with their responses, no one should be getting service like this in yours or my cases.

I think Lenovo needs to re-evaluate their system (process) because apparently either updates are not being put into their system, or their staff do not properly escalate an issue so that they can receive a call from Customer relations if people have had systems longer than the promised turn around.