Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
yellowwombat

Replacing G570 fan

Hi,

My G570 fan is awfully noisy and the bios update from 03/2011 didn't solve a thing. The main problem, as I can see with SpeedFan is that the fan doesn't shut down when the temps go back into the normal range.

So what I want to do is to replace the fan with a compatible and quiet fan. Do you have any suggestions as to what fan form factor(?) should I look? And what would be the quietest fan on the market?

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Replacing G570 fan

have you tried bios 22?
http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/uk/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=130485

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
yellowwombat

Yes, this is the bios that I have:

BIOS Version/Date    LENOVO 40CN22WW(V1.09), 18/02/2011

it is the same bios.

Community Moderator
yigit

please, check the task manager for running applications. they may cause if. also, check if the issue persists on safe mode. it could be software issue.

Fanfold Paper
new_guy

Lenovo G570 STRANGE NOISE PROBLEM

I have a wierd problem . On 15th june 2011 I  started up my laptop only to hear a very loud noise being made by it . It was pretty loud . It sounded like a disk was spinning at very high speed . The sound lasted for about 30 seconds then mysteriously vaished and has never been heard agin . After the sound vanished the laptop booted up but with ubuntu an error saying could not find a partition to mount automaticaly asking but asking me to manually mount it . But after a few seconds the error disapears and ubuntu starts up normally without my intervention . this error is now occuring frequently while ubuntu is also crashing frequently . Windows 7 strstup applications are also failing to start and are showing errors .  I have a triple boot configuration win7 , xp sp3 ,ubuntu 11.04. 

So I have come here looking for answers to some of the following question :-

Q1 Where did the strange noise come from ? Since only two components in my computer spin HDD or FAN . (No Optical disk was present at the time of startup ) So was it the HDD or the FAN .

Q2 Does triple booting a system cause harm to the hard disk ?

Q3 What should be done to make my system more stable and get rid of error message ?

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo G570 STRANGE NOISE PROBLEM

before shipping it back to service, you can try to perfrom clean operation system installation, it may help if it's software issue.

but, it's hdd, probably it's about to die.
i suggest you to backup your files to another disk immediately and contact lenovo support line for replacement for free if you still have valid warranty.

Paper Tape
damo_

Hi,

I bought a G570 last week from an online retailer through Amazon.

The fan runs constantly from first boot and never switches off.

I've downloaded Speedfan and the temps read:

HD0: 35c

Temp1: 0c

Core: 46c

Core 1: 44c

The Temp1 reading never rises, I'm wondering if this is the problem..?

I've tried the 2 suggestions mentioned above, now run bios 23 and the problem does persist when in safe mode.

This problem is really affecting my enjoyment of the product, I have a 5 year old Acer that I have used daily and never had this problem, I'm now going back to that rather than listen to the noise from a brand new machine I have just paid £500 for.

Community Moderator
yigit

possible bios issue. let me try to find an answer or a solution.
( may take couple of days to respond )

Paper Tape
damo_

Thank you.

What's DOS?
Uryupinsk

Same problem here. The laptop is cool but the fan doesn't stop anytime, or just one or two minute

I mainly use it to write and learn my lessons so it isn't stressed.

Please find a solution to correct this problem I think is the only one on that awesome budget price PC.

(Sorry about my english, I'm French)