Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
smaaz

Re: Replacing G570 fan - Noisy fan that runs most of the time even though laptop is cool

i blieve many g570 users are facing the fan issue, my fans comes up at 55C but dosnt shuts down, and its not only g570 many other series like 575, 560 etc also have same fan problem, i hope lenovo team comes up with a solution soon.

Paper Tape
Rince

Re: Replacing G570 fan - Noisy fan that runs most of the time even though laptop is cool

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with my G570.

I bought it in May this year and it was fine for 3 months. Then I had the problem with fan. It is constantly on and running at full speed. So battery life is terrible. (1hr)

The laptop has been sent to service now. The 1st time they replaced the fan. When I got it back and turned it on, the problem was still there. So I called the service centre.

They went through a bios check and several other things to rectify it but it still didn't work. So it was sent back again. This time they replaced the HDD and the mainboard. I have had the laptop back for 2 weeks now and yesterday the problem started again.

I also noticed another problem when I got it back the last time. The touchpad no longer works properly. The scroll part on the right doesn't work, neither does the pinch to shrink or enlarge bit.

It looks like I'm going to have to call the service centre again but I'm not holding much hope that this will be solved.

Punch Card
smaaz

the fan on my laptop cuts of when temp goes back to 41C, to achieve that i pointed it streight to ac vent, but normally it never goes below 49-50C ... fix it lenovo :smileyfrustrated:

SCSI Port
rzrfreefr

Re: Replacing G570 fan

quoting @damo_ on his g570

> Temp1: 0c

This should not happend, what is the spec of this sensor ?

is this fixed by custom bios ?

if not please lenovo confirm this is a bug ?

--
http://rzr.online.fr/q/lenovo# g470 s103t (Please Contact me if your s10-3T is booting win7 or support bluetooth, 3g)
Lenovo S10-3t | Model Name : 0651 | Mfg Date: 2010/06/08
Lenovo G470 | Model Name : 20078 | M fg Date: 11/03/23 | BIOS: 40CN23WW(V2.09) 06/20/2011 | CPU: i5-2410M | Linux version 3.3.4lenovog470+ (root@lap) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Debian 4.6.3-4) ) #8 SMP Tue May 1 10:23:48 CEST 2012
What's DOS?
chrisecob

Re: Replacing G570 fan

I have exactley the same issue. Please Lenovo, restore the faith in quality laptops and fix this!

What's DOS?
bricktop

G570 - noisy fan is always running

I have the G570 Notebook. And I am unhappy :-(

The fan is active all the time. I have nothing special running, only showing the desktop.
Is there anybody who can confirm this?
This is really uncool!! :-(

Punch Card
smaaz

Re: G570 - noisy fan is always running

there are way too many people having this issue, and lenovo is doing nothing to fix this .. that is really bad

btw what are your system pecs ?

SCSI Port
rzrfreefr

Re: G570 - noisy fan is always running

Can you please update your signature with your bios version because it looks that there are unpublished version around ...

Is any of you can monitor or control  the fan(s) from os side or elsewhere ? 

Now I am investigating on current BIOS ACPI DSDT issues may be related ie :

Check _CRS (Current Resource Settings).                 25 passed, 1 failed                    
Check _WAK (System Wake). 4 passed, 1 failed, 5 warnings  

feel free to pm me if you wanna help

--
http://rzr.online.fr/q/lenovo# g470 s103t (Please Contact me if your s10-3T is booting win7 or support bluetooth, 3g)
Lenovo S10-3t | Model Name : 0651 | Mfg Date: 2010/06/08
Lenovo G470 | Model Name : 20078 | M fg Date: 11/03/23 | BIOS: 40CN23WW(V2.09) 06/20/2011 | CPU: i5-2410M | Linux version 3.3.4lenovog470+ (root@lap) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Debian 4.6.3-4) ) #8 SMP Tue May 1 10:23:48 CEST 2012
What's DOS?
bricktop

Betreff: G570 - noisy fan is always running

I have the version with 6GB Ram and ATI Graphics.

btw: what BIOS is this?? You cant change any setting except disabling something of the interfaces. 

Token Ring
orion9727

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/819-hibernate-enable-disable.html

hiber is so old a horible way of doing things in windows 7.
there tons of wake problems with it.
it however should not effect fan speed and when it throttles up.
if anything when hiber comes on it under sleep state allready.

to adjust the fan you click passive under windows power settings that will lower the cpu before clock before fan spin up.
however sandys do run hot and i cap the top end with the max cpu percent setting say like 86% but you need to figure that out yourself with cpu id and a load on it so it not under speedstep.

the temps i saw where really low for a notebook and i say that fan is really working to much.
a bios patch woont fix that.
you need to adjust the fan with a program.
cpu id has a temp program that shows voltage and temps HW.
lenovo really went oberboard on the fan settings because sandy bridge is a very powerful cpu that if you were to lay on a bed say and put a heavy load on would cook the laptop inside.
there heat protection for the cpu but not everything in the laptop and thats the problem with these sandys as they can make alot of heat.
the dont run any cooler either on idle then the last gen or any of the 45nm.
they do make use of the power far better but some laptop makers dont want to take a chance with a sandy cooking parts in the laptop from the heat they can produce so the went crazy on the fan speed.
all the G5 series have this problem even on amd.
the B series dont.
the fan itself might not lower any more due to it input voltage selection the brand and make of the fan might be the real issue here.
a bad selection.
so if you try to lower the fan speed it wont work because the very design of that model is a higher rpm model.