Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Re: Fan never stops DSDT / BIOS hacking thread

All,

You aren't forgotten.  Will check into our progress on this.

rzrfreefr, 

I'll look for your earlier PM - sorry for the lack of response.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
SCSI Port
rzrfreefr

ok no problem if the problem get solved that's nice

I can also help to fix the broken bios ... I wish I can send that technical report and DSDT fix then can you forward to the related team ...

Is it possible ?

regards

--
http://rzr.online.fr/q/lenovo# g470 s103t (Please Contact me if your s10-3T is booting win7 or support bluetooth, 3g)
Lenovo S10-3t | Model Name : 0651 | Mfg Date: 2010/06/08
Lenovo G470 | Model Name : 20078 | M fg Date: 11/03/23 | BIOS: 40CN23WW(V2.09) 06/20/2011 | CPU: i5-2410M | Linux version 3.3.4lenovog470+ (root@lap) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Debian 4.6.3-4) ) #8 SMP Tue May 1 10:23:48 CEST 2012
Punch Card
smaaz

@ Messi, man is you read my earlier posts yes the fan does stops and start but its values are set tooo low, on my system the fan stops at around 42 C, now there is no f****** way the laptop can hit 42 in summers ... not even in the winters man, my other toshiba 3 years old laptop fan starts at 62 C and stops at 52 C, same goes with my sisters dell ... this Lenovo is i think made for people living in Alaska .. atleast Pakistan where i live isnt as cold as Alaska .. and continuous fan means more dust that goes inside :smileyfrustrated:

Fanfold Paper
onesoma

Hi folks,

Looking at getting the fan issue sorted myself.

I have not updated the BIOS at all so my version is currently:

BIOS          40CN20WW       (V1.07)

EC              40EC20WW       (V1.07)

I would like to update this but haven't found a way yet of doing it as I don't have a Windows OS on this machine, just Gnu/linux. Has anyone without a Windows OS successfully reflashed the BIOS? I don't want to install Win on a partition just to do this.

In any case I'm going to try the DSDT mods as suggested by mark2 in these posts:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/Replacing-G570-fan/m-p/623737/highlight/true#M...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/Replacing-G570-fan/m-p/624083/highlight/true#M...

But first I need to make sure I know what I'm doing... :smileyhappy:

Paper Tape
Messi10

@ smaaz. Summer can be a problem, here in Spain also easily reach 40 ° C, do not think it as in Pakistan, but also makes a lot of heat.
See, because currently we can not correct the BIOS settings, we can make it warm using less CPU to a minimum. As I understand it's a bit technical but it can work because the G570 is not too hot (> 55C) and when it starts to cool down quickly with your fan to the cutting temperature (42C to you).

bro, Sorry for my English.

Retired Employee
NINE

Re: Replacing G570 fan

Hi guys,

After reading through the threads, i understand that there seems to be alot frustration on this particular issues. I'm new to this forum and this topic seems to struck me to see if i assist in any way.

Based from my understanding from reading thorugh the thread it appears that this issues is appearing on systems that are running Linux Os. I noticed some of you have have input the details already, however could you guys provide me further details on your system by PM.

Name :

Model :

Processor :

O/s :

o/s service pack :

Bios verison  :

S/n :

Type :

If these could be provided it would be great.At least i can try to take a look and check if ican get this case expedited to the relevant teams

Do let me know...  smileyhappy:

thanks guys

Retired Employee
NINE

Re: Replacing G570 fan

hi guys, just to add to my recent post. Is there anyone facing this issue which run on Win OS. If there is i would like you guys to PM me too so i can give the support team a good comparison in the systems.

Thanks agagin guys :-)

Fanfold Paper
onesoma

I've updated the DSDT and managed to get it inserted at boot time with grub2's acpi option.

Now I get a value for the core temp:

acpitz-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1:        +44.0°C  (crit = +127.0°C)

Thanks a million to rzfreefr and mark2.

I also got acpi_call built and hopefully loaded at boot time, going to check this now :

$ lsmod|grep acpi
acpi_call              12748  0

Now doing

I've updated the DSDT and managed to get it inserted at boot time with grub2's acpi option.

Now I get a value for the core temp:

acpitz-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1:        +44.0°C  (crit = +127.0°C)

Thanks a million to rzfreefr and mark2.

I also got acpi_call built and hopefully loaded at boot time, going to check this now :

$ lsmod|grep acpi
acpi_call              12748  0

Now doing

echo '\_TZ_.FN00._ON_' > /proc/acpi/call

echo '\_TZ_.FN01._ON_' > /proc/acpi/call

echo '\_TZ_.FN00._OFF' > /proc/acpi/call

echo '\_TZ_.FN01._OFF' > /proc/acpi/call

Have an effect.! Yippee! Now to figure out the script - mark2's one in this thread or rzfreefr's one at

https://github.com/rzr/acpi_call/blob/master/fanctrl.sh

The silence is beautiful!!!

SCSI Port
rzrfreefr

can you also overide DSDT before booting windows ?

--
http://rzr.online.fr/q/lenovo# g470 s103t (Please Contact me if your s10-3T is booting win7 or support bluetooth, 3g)
Lenovo S10-3t | Model Name : 0651 | Mfg Date: 2010/06/08
Lenovo G470 | Model Name : 20078 | M fg Date: 11/03/23 | BIOS: 40CN23WW(V2.09) 06/20/2011 | CPU: i5-2410M | Linux version 3.3.4lenovog470+ (root@lap) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Debian 4.6.3-4) ) #8 SMP Tue May 1 10:23:48 CEST 2012
Punch Card
lemach

Recently, i have bought a lenovo g570 and also have got this problem. the fan once it is started never stop...i am in spain and my bios is v2.14. Lenovo moderators, when it will be release a bios  update to solve this PROBLEM?! Thanks for your answer.