Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Jesh

Resizing my C Drive Partition

I purchased Lenovo G560 5 days back! It is of 320 GB HDD.. And my C Drive is of 250 GB. So I want to resize partiton and want to split into few more drives!

I have two doubts!

1) As my lappy is installed with original Windows 7(they din give any OS CD but they gave serial key), how will i get OS back after partition?

2)Will the one key recovery works even if i don touch the hidden partition??

Please provide some solution!!

Retired Guru
skripatch

Re: Resizing my C Drive Partition

1) You don't need to delete the OS to resize the drive C. Try Easeus Disk Partition Master or any other software you like.

2) Yes. You will need to have one active primary partition with the size equal or more than original C drive, aside of having hidden partition.

//help will save the world
Blue Screen Again
nosimplex

I downgraded Windows 7 to XP on my n100 3000 (110 gb HD) since my computer was sluggish, but in this process my c drive was shown to be small, about 10 mb, that was strange, so I installed XP on another partition D. 

My shared video memory is not handled well in XP, so I want to go back to Windows 7 with WDDM support. I can't install W7 on a clean disk since it's an upgrade. So I want first to have the XP on my C drive.

What are my options to restore a decent size of C disk? Partition Magic doesn't  do merging.

Can anybody help please?  Thanks.

Community Moderator
yigit

it sounds like while installing xp you activated boot partition ( 10 mb ) as new partition. resizing the harddisk again by deleting all the partitions and making new partitions helps you.

warning: making changes on volume may stop one key recovery.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Blue Screen Again
nosimplex

Thank you. Now I now what happened but don't know how. I didn't have an option to make it.

Anyway, I'm just installed Windows 7 on disk E. Everything works well so far. Can't locate one key recovery. Where is it?

IPnaSh
Kudos: 369
Solutions: 126

Before changing anything, you must make the recovery discs set (usually 2 dvds). Then you can change disk schema as you want.

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
Community Moderator
yigit

[ Edited ]

you should have created recovery dvds before installing any operation system or using dual boot.

if you make any changes on volumes - which apparently you already have - , one key recover will stop working.

http://www.ki-themes.com