Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
ekano

Restore my Lenovo 3000 N200 to the original factory state, need help!

Hi

Its time to restore my Lenovo to the original factory settings for the first time. Ive followed the instructions pressing the "lenovo care"-button at startup.

My problem appears in the Rescue and Recovery 4 -program. When I click at Restore your system, I cant see the "Restore my hard drive to the original factory state"-option. I can only choose to restore with help from a recovery disc but Im not interested in saving my data (already done that), I just want to restore.

Why cant I see the option that is mentioned in the manual?

Thanks

Erik
Serial Port
beni_uk

Re: Restore my Lenovo 3000 N200 to the original factory state, need help!

dude listen first of all do an update system and make sure that u update the recovery system then once u have done that restart ur laptop and soon as the power comes on press the lenovo care button and it will take u to some options where it says full system restore and u can take it from then its easy any problems replay to me again
Paper Tape
janicehanna

I would like to restore my Lenovo 3000 N200 to the original factory settings, too.  However, I am not 100% on which button is the Lenovo Care button.  Is it the one with the toolbox/wrench symbol?  When I hol dit down I get a blue "death" screen.  Any other suggestions?

Retired Guru
Duck3

Push that button with laptop off.
Does that work?
Retired Employee
Serge1410

[ Edited ]

hey janicehanna,

you are right. the toolbox-wrench symbol is the Lenovo Care button.

It is strange that you're getting a blue screen with that button being pressed.

Is yours the N200 type 0687 or 0769 ?

Also, I would suggest updating the system of yours

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

janicehanna,

Does it blue screen every time you try to start with thie button?  If so, can you get a picture or take note of the bluescreen code?  If we knew that we might be able to offer some more suggestions.

You might check the ACHI setting in BIOS is set to compatability mode.   Has to be in compat mode to install XP as I recall, and if you have an XP preload on the recovery partition, maybe that could be the problem.

Then try pressing the button again.

But, any more details you can provide - whether XP or Vista, and what the bluescreen code is... could help us provide more ideas.

You can also order Recovery CD's but they will cost about $45, so let's try to see what else it might be, before resorting to that recommendation.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество