07-01-2010 05:53 PM
I bought a lenovo G450 - model 4849 with no OS in it about a year ago. I got a Windows Vista Driver DVD. I did not installed Vista, instead i bought a Windows 7 and after making 3 partitions (C, D, and E) then installed Win 7 on C. After installing Win 7, i did not install OneKey Recovery nor System Recovery tools provided in Vista Driver DVD..
I want to sell my Lenovo G450 to my friend in the next couple days. I have a VERY VERY SENSITIVE FILES on drive D. these last few days, i've been busy doing these tasks:
1. Backup my files to my PC
2. Secure erase my files on drive D using File Shredder software
when the time comes to give this lenovo to my friend, i will do these tasks:
1. Secure Disk Erase by using Disk Shredder on drive D and E
2. Boot Lenovo using Win 7 DVD and then delete all partitions, and then create just 1 partition on the drive
3. One more time, secure disk erase by using Disk Shredder from UBCD4WIN
so, my friend will only get Lenovo without OS in it, because the OS is mine...
Now, my question:
1. Will my friend still able to recover my sensitive files? (although i doubt him doing this, i just want to take an extra prevention)
2. If someday my friend brought this Lenovo to the Service Center, will the technician able to recover the previous files including my files?
3. What's the use of OneKey Recovery? Does it recover all files from HardDrive, or just the OS?
4. I read on the manual book, there is a hidden partition by default for OneKey Recovery store the system image file. Does this mean it include my files too?
I need to make myself clear before selling my Lenovo..
If there is any suggestion regarding this, i will appreciate it..
Thank you very much..
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-01-2010 07:14 PM
Lenovo has an application for the same purpose.Its called secure data disposal and you can download it from the below given link
07-01-2010 10:51 PM
Yes you can use it..Its a bootable version