Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
alwi

Re: Service Videos for Lenovo 3000 Systems - features - component install / removal

tseedmund wrote:
The service videos for Y400 series can be used for your Y410.

Hi Edmund, 

The keyboard on Y410 is different from the one on Y400. Are they remove the same way as well?

Thanks.

Serial Port
tseedmund

Re: Service Videos for Lenovo 3000 Systems - features - component install / removal

How much do they differ?

Most recent laptop keyboard consists of a locking mechanism (little catches on the sides) plus screw mount hole(s). They attach to the system board via a thin, flexible connector that can be removed through some sort of zero insertion force slot.

If you decide to disassemble your laptop and reached a point where you're not confident to go any further, just put it back together then get some help at a later time.
Edmund Tse
V100 0763-68H :: R31 2656-7LH
Member of #!SUITS. Visit my blog!
Paper Tape
alwi

Hi Edmund,

I finally be able to remove the keyboard. However it didn't solve my problem (2nd row keys do not work).

I attached the pictures for future reference.

Thanks.

- Alwi

http://wiek.net/Y410Keyboard1.jpg

http://wiek.net/Y410Keyboard2.jpg

Paper Tape
subratanayek

Hi, Is there any video available for Lenovo 3000 G400 2048-22Q? Thanks, Subrata
Paper Tape
robrob

Did anyone ever track down a CPU matrix ?

I am pretty sure I have a fried processor with my v100 0763 (flashing hard drive light and the machine will not post at all)thread here

I am not sure what all will work...I figure as long as I am inside this machine I may as well tweak it a bit.

Any thoughts on what processor would be the fastest I could pop in that should work without issue? Remember I can not update the bios...the machine does not even post.

Thanks!

Serial Port
tseedmund

Those symptoms may also be consistent with a faulty motherboard.. it's difficult to diagnose without replacing parts for testing purposes.
Edmund Tse
V100 0763-68H :: R31 2656-7LH
Member of #!SUITS. Visit my blog!
Paper Tape
pratyushjha

lenovo 3000 y 410 . I am installing XP and downloaded driver from net. but in device manager one unknown device found microsoft ACPI COMPLIANT EMBEDDED CONTROL and can not be updated. Laptop volume button works but not displayed and like wise Fn + volume/light button works but not displayed.

pratyush

Paper Tape
jdbennet

the vid shows my C200 as having an ATA drive, but its supposed to have a SATA drive

windows shows it as ATA, but lenovo and thier bios say its SATA

which is it

Serial Port
aoberhauser

Good job, very useful.

Best regards,
Axel

Punch Card
georgesgiralt

Hi !

As my Webcam was working intermittently, I was forced to open my laptop (A 3000 N200 0769-BAG) and found the disassembly to be slightly different from the one show on the video. I wonder if the links to the video were'nt mixed up ?  As I only own one Lenovo laptop, I can't tell ....