Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
kameshvedula

System Recovey not working

Hi Friends,

I got a problem with my notebook. am using a N100 notebook. Recently i installed Linux on my machine but because of some reason ater removing unix my system never started.then i tried using "SYSTEM RECOVERY" butoon but it dint work either, Now i've overwritten existing windws with a copy of my own. And even now my "SYSTEM REVOCEY" doesn't seem to be working.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Kamesh

Serial Port
tseedmund

Re: System Recovey not working

It appears that you have damaged or even deleted your recovery partition. The only way to get it back is to restore your laptop to factory defaults using the recovery DVD.
Edmund Tse
V100 0763-68H :: R31 2656-7LH
Member of #!SUITS. Visit my blog!
Fanfold Paper
kameshvedula

I did not delete the Recovery partition posibly it may have got damaged and i even dont have a recovery DVD can i get it rom anywhere?....and onemorething ..when i press my recovery button, it asks me or the options but when i press F11 key, it shows me no window but it starts booting.

Thanks

kamesh

Serial Port
tseedmund

What do you mean by "recovery button"? Are you referring to the Lenovo Care button?

As far as I know, boot time Rescue and Recovery is activated through the F11 key. Pressing this key has no effect in the event of a damaged or missing recovery partition.

I'm afraid you're out of luck with regards to getting the recovery partition back. A Recovery DVD could be created if your laptop was still in its default installation, but unfortunately you have already overwritten your hard drive with a new OS a couple of times.

The only option left if you would like to restore your recovery partition using the recovery DVD is to order a set from Lenovo.

Note that there is no need to maintain the recovery partition if you will never use it.
Edmund Tse
V100 0763-68H :: R31 2656-7LH
Member of #!SUITS. Visit my blog!
Paper Tape
kash

hello my friend,

u need backup dvd and lenove will charg for that so my advise is as u already install new OS u should downlond all ur system drivers manualy from lenove support website. so thanx God lenove still did't charg for downloading drivers otherwise its seems to be dumped when lenove spouse to give recovery dvd free with thier pcs but its their new way to earning along with teasing their own custmer. i will never ever buy lenove again as ..........even lenove machines are good but support is just a way to earn more and more money