Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
andreasriedel

Touchpad Synaptics driver disable tab click on N200

Hello forum.

I want to disable the function called tab click on the touchpad. Tab click means that a click on the touchpad works like an click on the left mouse botton.

The Synaptics driver should support an disable function. But this feature is not integrated in the driver i can download for the N200.  And install the driver i can download from the Synaptics themself will disable the working of the whole touchpad.

Does anybody know where to get an driver for the touchpad which work on N200 an allow to disable the tab click function.

TIA

Andreas Riedel

Punch Card
jcmolero

Re: Touchpad Synaptics driver disable tab click on N200

Just do a double-clic at icon of Synaptics near digital clock, then go to tab device setup (with the synaptics icon), do clic at values... clic at "touch" on left and uncheck "enable fast touch" then ok. Sorry if the options doesn't match due to translation of my spanish system.
3000 N200 0769-AL3, Intel C2D 2G T5750, IEL10 mb, Kingston 4G RAM, Samsung 320G HD, Broadcom lan 100, Agere modem 56k, Broadcom wifi g, AuthenTec fingerprint reader, Sonix 1.3M camera, LG DVD burner, Samsung 15,4" 1280x800 BrightView, Intel X3100 IGD 384M, Ricoh 5in1, Ricoh 1394, vista home premium sp2
Paper Tape
andreasriedel

Hello.

See, that some informations are missing.

I run an Windows XP SP2.

I test the driver for XP also as for Vista, so I've installed v9.0.3.0 and v8.3.4 .Both driver has the same behavior.

The language is German.

There only exist two top level entries:

Übersicht

- Patentmitteilung

Tasten

- Aktionen für linke Taste

- Aktionen für rechte Taste

In English this will be something like

Overview

- Licence aggrements

Button

-  Action on left button

- Action on right button

Some entry like you discribes are missing and thats what I'm looking for.

What type of driver are you using. Can I download it somewhere, can you give me a link?

THX, TIA

Andreas Riedel

Paper Tape
andreasriedel

Hello jcmolero.

Up to now I've different drivers and software I can found in the internet for this touchpad, but no one fix the problem.

I have test Toshiba driver, Aser driver, older version, newer versions, the origin driver from Synaptics. All with the same result:

- Even I can't install the software, surprise surprise.

- I can install the software but the mouse pointer was frozen.

- I can install and the mouse pointer work, but the driver have the same behavior.

I also test the Vista-driver you must have installed. But it has the same behavior. Read carefully some postings, it is possible, that this feature can be part of an old driver. The newer one have less features. So may i carefully ask if you can upload or mail the driver to me. If this is not possible, can you give me the exact version of the driver and were you have get it from.

TIA

Andreas Riedel

Paper Tape
linuxb

[ Edited ]

I have a 3000 N200 0769 ENG and have exactly the same problem as you, and Im on Vista Sp1. I have tried several drivers from synaptics and alps and still its not working. (cannot scroll with touchpad)

Its a driver problem because it (scrolling) works out of the box in Ubuntu. 

Here is a post that better describes the problem:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t12463.html

Message Edited by linuxb on 01-13-2009 02:13 AM
Paper Tape
andreasriedel

Ok. This driver has flowting behavior.

But is it not posible to do this in the OS.

I've search for some switches or entries in the registry but found nothing. This is a lowsy thing. I hate this tab click option and make always mistakes.

TIA

Andreas Riedel