Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
petedehaas

Upset about warranty service on G460

I have a G460 with extended warranty.  It would blue screen whenever it would start up from a cold condition or when it would come out of sleep or hibernation after an hour or so.  I called warranty service and they advised me to send it in.  I sent it in with a careful explanation of the problem.

In ten days it was returned with the OS reimaged.  I had already done this so I knew it wasn't goint to solve the problem and it didn't.  I called again and was told to send it in again.  I did.

In ten days it was returned with memory replaced.  The problem was still there at the first boot up and on.  So much for reading my carefully typed explanation of the problem.  I called they appologized and sent me a fed ex box to return it.

Weeks went by with no word.  Depot site said laptop was waiting for senior engineer.  I called after two weeks, after three weeks, after four weeks.  Finally it was returned.  motherboard and processor and hard disk replaced.  The blue screen problem is solved

But their was not disk image on the backup partition and the utilities to produce an image or restore point are inoperative with an error message that these functions wont work in safe mode even though the laptop is not in safe mode.  Researching online with the error message and error code I find that others with this problem have only been able to resolve this by reimaging or updating the os. (windows 7).  Of course I can't do this because there is no image.

it is the weekend.  I have ordered a new disk version of the operating system to install myself.  I am very frustrated that months have gone be and the laptop is still not repaired properly.  I am in disbelief that Lenovo would send out a laptop with the OS not properly installed and imaged. 

Ok I am done venting.  Maybe next week I can get them to send me the drivers and an operating system on disk although I have already ordered a copy.  I will not be sending this back to them again or spending long hours on hold waiting for service techs.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Upset about warranty service on G460

hey petedehaas,

welcome to the forums and apologies on what had occurred.

could you pm to me the following details :

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

(To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find)

Serial Number (S/N):
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate)

Description of issue :

Troubleshooting Taken : (if any)

What You would like us to do :

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Paper Tape
EJugs

Re: Upset about warranty service on G460

Hi, I just want to know if the warranty of Lenovo G460 is only for one year? cause i have a problem with my laptop, because first, i really took care my laptop but the problem is the wifi of my laptop is sometimes missing sometimes appears, i really dont know why is it happen, and i already check the wifi switch of my laptop if is it close, and when i check the wifi in the system usinf Fn + F5, the bluetooth was still there, while the wifi icon was lost, why is it happening? is it a factory defect? 

I'll wait for the answer.. thank you!