Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
ageiger

V100 integrated camera not working

I reformatted my hard drive to unistall Vista and Install XP Pro.  Downloaded all of the SPs and installed all of the updates and drivers from Lenovo's page.  However, when I turn on my camera the screen is black.  I've tried the funtion + Esc, but that's not working.  I also downloaded Yaw and it does the same thing...just a black screen although the light of the camera comes on.  Any ideas?
Serial Port
tseedmund

Re: V100 integrated camera not working

I have had an experience where the drivers from Windows Update does not work properly. Make sure that you have installed the drivers from Lenovo manually.

Try uninstalling the drivers first, and then install the latest driver from the Lenovo website. I think the new one is just called "Integrated Camera", while the old one might be called "BisonCam", but don't quote me on that.
Edmund Tse
V100 0763-68H :: R31 2656-7LH
Member of #!SUITS. Visit my blog!
Paper Tape
ageiger

Edmund,

Unfortunately, that didn't work.  The Fn+Esc only mutes/unmutes the sound and it's still just a black screen, even with Yawcam.
Serial Port
tseedmund

It wasn't me who suggested that you try Fn+Esc...

But anyway, on the Y series, Fn+Esc controls the camera on/off, but on the V100 (which I have), it is a volume mute button. Have you tried installing the latest drivers?
Edmund Tse
Paper Tape
ageiger

Serial Port
tseedmund

Does the green light come on when you try to use your camera?
Edmund Tse
Paper Tape
ageiger

the green light does come on, but no preview and when i "capture" video and i play it back, it's a black screen.  I've also gone through the "scanners and cameras" in windows to the integrated camera (it does show up), but when I go through the wizard and click on "take a picture" it says that it is unable to take a picture.  The green light is on the entire time I'm in one of the camera programs.

Also, not sure if it's related, but I can no longer view anyone else's webcam either since installing XP.  I've tried disabling the firewall and still nothing.  There's no error message at all.  The cam just doesn't pop up to show.
Serial Port
tseedmund

That could be something wrong with your operating system.
Edmund Tse
What's DOS?
swallow69

My System is Vista .V100 integrated camera devices is newly 62dt07ww.exe. It's blank! I can't use. SomeBody help me?
Punch Card
michael4

swallow69,

If you read through past postings here you will notice that there is a regular problem with lenovo integrated webcams :smileysurprised:....................they do not work !!! Had my lenovo now for nearly 9 months and i am still no nearer solving how to get the cam up and runing,outside of MSN that is.

Very annoying :manmad: