Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
bg_phoenix

Weird charging and sound problem with g565

I have bought my laptop a year or two ago and this is the first time I am having this kind of problems with it. When I plug in a charger while I am using the computer, it starts normally to charge. But then (sometimes after 20 sec, sometimes after 3-5 minutes) it suddenly stops. It also started occasionally showing incorrect battery percentages (variations around 10-20%). Re-plugging the charger after every 30 sec is of course quite frustrating, so any advice will be appreciated.

Sound problem is actually something that I’ve experienced since I bought it, but I’ve tolerated it till now. When there are 2 audio programs going, one gets automatically muted and it is not rare that other slows down. Also when I have my skype or some video on google chrome on, they tend to block other audio sources even if they are not using the audio (i.e. I paused the video on google chrome and tried to play GOM, and I got no sound). Is this normal?

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Weird charging and sound problem with g565

hi bg_phoenix

about the battery, please, try to remove/replace the battery and try the trick below:

-remove the battery, un-plug the ac power, press power button for 30-40 seconds, replace the battery and check if it works.

about sound issue, it doesn't sound like normal cause even on my s10-3 i'm able to play to videos at the same time. but i'm not sure what the issue is. can you provide the bios version you have and try to update the sound drivers from lenovo support page.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Blue Screen Again
bg_phoenix

Thnx for reply yigit! 

I forgot to mention that I’ve tried that trick already before posting my question and that it didn’t work. For now I have a theory that my charger is a problem. The thing is that it stops charging after some time the computer is in use, not right away when I power it on. I think the following thing happens: when I am using computer, after some time it heats so the cooler starts working stronger and at some point the power it is getting from charger is less than the power it is using to function, so it “stops” charging. I plan to borrow someone's charger and test this.

Also, the drivers were not the problem with sounds. I've updated them but it is all the same, so I have no idea what it could be. All in all, I think I will have to send it to service to check what is wrong with it.

Thank you for your suggestions nevertheless!

Cheers!

Community Moderator
yigit

please, post back the results.

http://www.ki-themes.com