Support in other languages: 
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,326
Solutions: 285

Where have you seen Lenovo 3000 products in stores?

Who has seen Lenovo 3000 series laptops in stores?   What models did you see, and in what stores?

What feedback or recommendations do you have about the products and how they were being displayed in the store?

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

JaneL

Re: Where have you seen Lenovo 3000 products in stores?

I saw one of the Y410s at Office Depot a couple of weeks ago and played with it for a little while.  Bright screen.  They had the webcam turned on, and it was surreal watching myself in the screen.  They had it tied down so tight that I wasn't able to get a good look at the back of it or the lid.

The keyboard was nice other than the non-standard keyboard layout for Insert/Delete/Home/End/PgUp/PgDn.  Moving keys around on a keyboard is one of my hot buttons.  Fix that, whydon'tcha?  :-)

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Token Ring
draco2527

Same here! The display was impressive, at first as I was walking towards it I was sure it was a Sony...

The cool thing is due to the display it stood out like a sore thumb...:smileyhappy:

The one that I saw had a few missing keys so I did not play with it.
Currently own: X220T, X201, X200, T61 X2, X61T X3

andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

@nonny
your all users Tag test works.

The 3000 series notebooks I have (/had) in the shop do make a very good impression.

nonny wrote:
..snip..
The keyboard was nice other than the non-standard keyboard layout for Insert/Delete/Home/End/PgUp/PgDn.  Moving keys around on a keyboard is one of my hot buttons.  Fix that, whydon'tcha?  :-)

To my knowledge the ThinPads are the only notebooks which have a unique 7 row layout, all other notebooks have 6 rows hence the keys you mention being moved. This is, (for me), a very important benefit of a TP.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Retired Employee
Tim_Lenovo

I saw a Y410 in Office Depot as well. Since I don't think OD is as much a interested on hands-on sales of computers, they had it locked down like Fort Knox. I really wanted to pick it up (even if tethered) and get a feel for the dimensions, but that was a no-go.

The display itself was just like every other laptop display, nothing special.
-----------------------------------
Tim Supples
Lenovo Social Media

Got a question? Don't PM me, post it on the forum!
Lenovo Blogs
X60 Tablet SXGA+ primary, Z61p fully loaded workhorse
Token Ring
cassio

in quite a few shops in hong kong lol

i've personally sold quite a few of them, being a sales person as a summer job, and probably the biggest thinkpad (and to an extent, lenovo) fanboy in the computer mall
----------------------------
T400s - 2815RW1 + Win7 Ultimate :smileyvery-happy:
Don't pm me for help! That's what the forum is for. Also, Google's nicer than me. Ask him.
ajkula66
Kudos: 757
Solutions: 799

I saw one of these babies yesterday in BJ's (East Stroudsburg, PA), locked in a glass cage and pretty much tucked away. Hadn't I been looking for it, I would've missed it. Trying it out was out of question, needless to say.

Meanwhile, a bunch of HPs, Sonys and a lonely Z61 were displayed somewhat properly, giving you a chance to actually press the power button and see what happens...

Displayed the way it is now, that 3000 series laptop has no chance of ever being sold, unless someone walks in with the specific intent of buying that particular model at the given location. Since it's not adverstised as being on sale, chances of something like that are slim to none in my modest opinion.
Cheers,

George

In daily use: T43pSF, R60F, T61, X301

Collecting dust: T60, T61p, R500F

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

I build FrankenPads....scary FrankenPads...

S = SATA-mod (on T43/p units only)
F = FrankenPad
L = LED-mod utilizing an UXGA AFFS LED screen

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.