Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
bostonrugby
Accepted Solution

Wireless Radio issue

[ Edited ]
Own an N100   wife had machine away in a hotel recently and according to her she answered ano to some question that appeared as she connected to internet.

Anyway machine arives home and all of a sudden does not connect.

Followed all options presented on box but  Lenovo Diagnostic tool indicates   wireless radiop is off   please reconnect.  error code 163851
When I use Lenovo Care key on my machine  andtry to power on radio it indicates  internal device is set to 'Radio Off' in BIOS Setup or powered off by hardware switch.

Tried going into BIOS settings  on startup but no Wireless Radio stuff visible.

I tried Fn F5   saw Wireless Radio control  wont let me change status   currently disabled

Also went to Device Manager  and it tells me  that SM Driver - SM BIOS Service  Driver is corrupt or missing code 39
Any help   would be appreciated

Message Edited by bostonrugby on 05-18-2008 09:22 PM
andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 714
Solutions: 635

Re: Wireless Radio issue

bostonrugby, welcome to the forum,

I don't have an N100 at hand, but is there a hardware switch for wireless on it? Probably located on/under the front of the notebook. It may be that the switch got turned to off, this results in similar messages to those you are getting. 

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
bostonrugby

[ Edited ]
I dont believe there is a switch anywhere,  I did look for something obvious, perhaps closer scrutiny in necessary -  I will check this evening when I get home.  

Bit off topic  Dusseldorf is one crazy city,  many good memories of Bolker Str....

Message Edited by bostonrugby on 05-19-2008 06:40 AM
andyP

According to the Setup Guide the switch is just left of centre on the front edge of the notebook.

bostonrugby wrote:
...snip..
Bit off topic  Dusseldorf is one crazy city,  many good memories of Bolker Str....

Duesseldorf Altstadt :smileyvery-happy: längste Theke der Welt :smileyvery-happy:   [longest bar in the world]

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
bostonrugby

Vielen dank ,mein freund,

Wifey must have flipped the switch in her bag, now she can blab away to her buddies.

This is the time of year when the Kneipen am Rhein Ufer open up if my memory serves me right.
Great beer, scenery and craic....

Again many thanks and if I were in Dusseldorf I would gladly buy you an Alt or 3...
andyP

Bitteschön, glad it worked out.

No need, got that sorted, bottle's sitting next to me :smileywink: 

Andy  

Forum Search Option

PepperonI blog