Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Mallu
Accepted Solution

Wireless problem in G560

I have purchased G560 (core i3, 3Gb DDR3) and I reformatted the Win7 HP home with win 7 Professional.

I had taken backup of the drivers folder from the original setup. After installation of Win 7 Prof, I have reinstalled all the drivers. All except the wireless are working fine. The wireless connection is constantly showing as disabled. On enabling it, it shows a message " enabled" but the actually the connection is disabled.

I tried drivers from the Lenovo site but the result is same.

I have no clue as to what's happening. Anyone have any idea?

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Wireless problem in G560

switch the wireless button and activate the wireless & bluetooth by pressing fn + f5. by the way, make sure your function keys working, if not re--install power management.

if readycomm installed, remove the application and try again.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
Mallu

I have tried as per the steps mentioned by you, but the status still remains the same. I have removed ReadyCOMM, the wireless switch is on, the status on pressing fn+f5 shows wireless is on, the wireless indicator on the machine is glowing but the wireless in network sharing is still showing as disabled.

Any other thing that needs to be done???

Community Moderator
yigit

un-install drivers, restart your computer then install drivers again.

Paper Tape
Mallu

I  have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling the drivers but still the card is disabled. I checked with Lenovo support and it seems that they have not released the driver for windows 7 professional. I wish to know drivers released for windows 7 home premium are they not compatible with Windows 7 professional?? 

IPnaSh
Kudos: 373
Solutions: 127

Drivers shoukd work. I use Windows 7 drivers under Windows Server 2008 R2.

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
IPnaSh
Kudos: 373
Solutions: 127

To ensure, go to administrative tools, then services and look if you have enabled WLAN service.

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
Community Moderator
yigit

Similar Problem with Intel Wireless 5300, connection problems / disabled card , in Win7-x54

Paper Tape
lifelover

Problem with WiFi, IDEAPAD G560

Hello there,

I hope I´m posting on good discussion.. :smileyindifferent:

I have problem with my notebook, yesterday night was everything ok, but today morning I found problem - my WiFi dosen´t works.

When I try to found some wifi sites, it cant find nothing, when I try to turn on WiFi, Lenovo program say me: First turn on device for Wireless.

I had reinstalled drivers, check system - notebook can see wifi and it says that wifi is working without problems...

So please help me - is the problem in wifi, so i have to reclamation my notebook, or can I do with it something?

Thank you... and sorry for my english.:smileyhappy:

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Problem with WiFi, IDEAPAD G560

@ lifelover
switch the wireless button and activate the wireless & bluetooth by pressing fn + f5. by the way, make sure your function keys working, if not re--install power management.