Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
patdeane

Y410 sound

I have always had very low volume and low quality sound on the speakers.  I have taken all the steps advocated by Mark Hopkins, the Lenovo admin, with no improvement.  Mark, will Lenovo make good on this?  Thanks for your prompt reply.
DJY
Punch Card
DJY

Y410 Microphone/Sound Issue

Sound volume is low - even with updated drivers. Microphone is unusable even set to 100%. Does anybody know if Lenovo is working on these issues??
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Re: Y410 Microphone/Sound Issue

Patdeane, DJY,

We should work to resolve this.   Sound levels may be a bit subjective, but for sake of this discussion, let's assume they are way below reasonable levels.   Have you called technical support?   If so, what did they advise?

As far as I know, there are the updated sound drivers for Vista on the website, and of course the recommendations to check all the volume control settings.   I'm assuming you have done these things.

Ok - can you help define the issue so we can try to reproduce it?  Are all sounds at a low level?  How about the windows event sound effects?  Are they low, or just music?     Sound effects in games or other application software?   Youtube or other media on the web?   CD / DVDs being played?

Same results for all, or different?

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Ctrl-Alt-Del
patdeane

Mark,
I have done all those things you mentioned.  I get the same results for all sounds.
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

[ Edited ]
Patdeane,

Ok,  present solutions don't work for you.  Got it.

The more detail you can provide, the easier it will be for us to try to isolate the problem.  We have found a reason that sound is not at acceptable levels, and have released a patch that fixes it for the way we understood the symptoms.   Perhaps there are other conditions that produce the same symptom?

Can you explain further, so we can try to recreate and provide alternate suggestions or updates?

Or, would you be willing to let us have a look at your system, so we can see what you are experiencing first hand?

If so, let me know and I'll work with you on that.

Thanks!

Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 02-21-2008 03:26 PM

Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 02-21-2008 03:27 PM

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Ctrl-Alt-Del
patdeane

Mark,
The volume of the sound from the speakers is low and the quality is bad regardless of the source of the sound.  I have downloaded the Vista driver and optimized all sound settings within Vista.  What is involved with having Lenovo look at my laptop?  Thanks.
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

[ Edited ]
Pat,

If you can spare your system for a few days, please send me a PM with your name, address and phone contact information.

I'll have a box and shipping labels overnighted to you and we can bring the system in here to have a look.   Hopefully this will let us understand the issue and provide broader updates.

Thanks.

Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 02-26-2008 06:49 AM

Mark Hopkins
twitter @lenovoforums
Ctrl-Alt-Del
patdeane

Mark,
I really appreciate your offer!  And I am unable to send you my laptop.  My business runs through my laptop and I can not shut down my business.  Perhaps someone else who has this problem can do this.  When you find a fix, I would appreciate you letting me know.  Thanks again.
Punch Card
hanchengwu

Mark_Lenovo wrote:
Pat,

If you can spare your system for a few days, please send me a PM with your name, address and phone contact information.

I'll have a box and shipping labels overnighted to you and we can bring the system in here to have a look.   Hopefully this will let us understand the issue and provide broader updates.

Thanks.

Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 02-26-2008 06:49 AM

Mark,

You can have my laptop for a few days if you want. The sound volume and quality are not perfect but I can live with it. The issue I have is the built-in microphone. I have to shout to it to faintly hear my voice in recording (or Skype test call). See my post in the other thread at: http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=N_Series_Lenovo_3000&message.id=850#M850. Called Lenovo support phone number yesterday (3/4) and the gentleman was very kind and spent about 30 minutes with me trying to get it to work by changing various settings. We ended up recorded something with faint voice and loud background noise (with maximum microphone volume and microphone boost set to 20 or 30 dB). He said as long as the microphone recorded, it's not a hardware issue. So he gave me a case number (WN014340) and another Lenovo phone number (1-866-638-4465) for software issue. By the way, the external microphone works OK.

Thanks.

Harry
Fanfold Paper
lvwireguy

Mark, I am a full time student getting ready to start spring break and you can have mine for a few days if you would like to fix mine. I am having the same issues with the sound and the mic. I have installed several new drivers from Lenovo and from Realtek and everytime I install a new or updated driver i lose my sound completely and have to revert bad to the original driver that shipped with the system. Until I revert I have no sound at all, no matter what I do.

Please advise me as to what you think will fix this problem.

Shane