Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
e-dada

YouCam can't be started

Hi,

I'm running Win7/64 on a G570. In the beginning the YouCam Application did work fine, but since a couple of weeks I can't open this application anymore.There is no error message, just nothing happens when double-clicking the icon.

I can activate and deactive the cam with Fn/ESC, no problem. I also can use the cam with other programs like Debut Video Capture. I've updated the drivers and installed the lates release of YouCam (3.1.3603) without any sucess.

Does anybody have an idea what i can do next?

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 354
Solutions: 238

Re: YouCam can't be started

Hi e-dada and welcome to the community,

Try right clicking on the icon and choose "Open file location".  Try opening the application from there.  If that works, drag the desktop icon to the recycle bin and go back to the file location and right click it and choose send to.  Choose desktop and it will put a new shortcut on the desktop.

Or, go to start, computer, C:, Program Files (x86), Lenovo, YouCam.  At the bottom, you'll see YouCam Application.  Try opening it from there.

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Blue Screen Again
e-dada

Hi Dave,

thanks for your reply. I tried both approaches but unfortunately without success.

In both cases the application didn't start.

Rgds

Daniel

topmahof

Hi Daniel,

You might have to uninstall it from Programs and Features and reinstall it.  It sounds like your driver is okay if it opens the camera in other applications. 

Did you try to right click the application and run it as administrator?

Dave 

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Blue Screen Again
e-dada

Hi Dave,

yes I did: I installed the latest YouCam version from the Lenovo WebSite. And yes, I also tried tried the run as Admin.

Two things I will do next:

a) after uninstall run a registry cleanup program

b) install one of the commercial versions 4.x or 5.x

BTW: Driver (Lenovo EasyCamera) is from JMicron Vers. 1.1.1.7.

Do you have any other idea?

Daniel

Blue Screen Again
e-dada

Just a quick report:

- Running the registry cleaner between uninstall and install didn't help

- The latest Cyberlink YouCam 5.x release works!

- I uninstalled the 5.x release and installed the 3.x again but also without success :-(

I.e. it looks like I have to purchse the 5.x release.

Cheers

Daniel

What's DOS?
SheiroQ

[ Edited ]

Hey. You probably solved your problem by now, but maybe someone else can be helped.

I did it by right clicking the link in its location on the harddrive. Now comes the tricky part since my lappie speaks Swedish... Choose "Troubleshoot Compability" (or whatever is closest to that) and go from there. I chose the first alternative, it recommended I used XP settings (I have Windows 7), I agreed and now it's working fine for me.

topmahof

Hi SheiroQ and welcome to the community,

Thanks for posting your fix.  I'm sure it will help other members.

Dave

What's DOS?
MrElectrician

As I try top open my LENOVO YOUCAM I get an error message reading "NO DLLS WERE FOUND DURING THE WATERFALL PROCEDURE" how can this be resolved ?

What's DOS?
JohnRea

I was having the same issue on an HP Compaq 435, but could not find a solution.  After a day and a half of beating my head against the wall, I came across your post.

Of all the suggestions I saw, I thought this was the least likely to work.  I am glad to say that I was wrong!  As far as I can tell, Cyberlink has messed up the Windows 7 driver so that it only works in Windows XP.

Anyway, thank you for this valuable post!  I hope that others that have lost their webcam to this error can find this post and get it fixed.