Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
pkeymolen

enable intel VT

Hello,

i've got an N500 with an intel T7700, and i need to be able to enable intel VT, but there is no option for it in the BIOS.

So, i'm stuck with a processor capable of hardware virtualisation, but i can't run virtual pc because harware virtualisation is disabled by default in th BIOS, and no option to enable it.

=> two questions:

1) how do we persuade Lenovo to (finally) provide a decent BIOS upgrade?

2) If i make a BIOS dump / load, what do i have to change to enable intel VT?

Thanks,

Peter

Paper Tape
Babyuser

Re: enable intel VT

I need the same, up
Fanfold Paper
pkeymolen

I really need this - to be abe to work from home I need to be able to connect to the cusomers applications using Citrix client, and with their setup this doesn't work on 64-bit versions of Windows. So either I can run a virtual 32-bit machine on my N500, either I need to purchase another laptop. In that case, the Lenovo would have been a complete waste of money and time. all I need is a bios with the option to enable Intel VTx.

To be brief: Lenovo 500 = good laptop, good harware, good value, but rendred completely unusable due to ONE missing option in the pc's bios.

Such a shame.

I'll never buy another Lenovo again, you may consider yourselves to be "low end" but there are limits. 500€ down the drain, well done Lenovo, how hard can it be to enable one single processor option in your bios? 

Sincerely,

an ex-customer of yours. 

Paper Tape
Babyuser

I think you can upgrade bios, if you have Vista. Just find bios installer for you laptop version. I have another problem, I don't wan't install Vista just to upgrade my bios. Yes, I bought Lenovo laptop with FreeDos and install Linux on it.

Fanfold Paper
pkeymolen

Acually i am able to upgrade the bios (i'm running Windows 7 64bit but i've still got an old disk with Vista 32bit installed), the problem is that even the latest bios from Lenovo doesn't provide an option to enable Intel VTx, and it's disabled by default.