Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
galavr

problem with recoveing original windows xp

Hello. I have lenovo n100.

i want my computer to be restored to its original condition (restore windows xp oem).

i have an hidden partition which called service001- something like that..

while the computer boots i press F11. i have 3 options.

F1 - enter bios. 

F11- diagnosing problem and RECOVERING.

F12- load temporary device

i chose F11, but it doesn't show anything and doesn't do anything...just loading regularly the current operating system..

i don't have any backup cds of lenovo.

what can i do?

PLEASE HELP ME!

Fanfold Paper
SUNMOLA

Re: problem with recoveing original windows xp

I have same problem just that in my own case i loaded windows 7 and later uninstalled it but now i can't access my rescue and recovery functions.

Please someone help.

Sunmola

Fanfold Paper
Rob4Rob

If you formatted and or repartitioned the harddrive during windows 7 installation you could have lost your recovery partition on your harddrive. i would suggest you borrow or download the previous windows version, install it and use the original key listed on the bottom of your laptop. you may have to call microsofts automated activation number to make it legit again, and you will still have to reinstall drivers and software....come to think of it , it may be easier to order a recovery disk from lenovo.

Fanfold Paper
SUNMOLA

Rob4Rob wrote:

If you formatted and or repartitioned the harddrive during windows 7 installation you could have lost your recovery partition on your harddrive. i would suggest you borrow or download the previous windows version, install it and use the original key listed on the bottom of your laptop. you may have to call microsofts automated activation number to make it legit again, and you will still have to reinstall drivers and software....come to think of it , it may be easier to order a recovery disk from lenovo.

Thanks a lot. i appreciate your help. My question is how can i download the previous windows version. I mean which site and the link.

Meanwhile i checked up my computer management and i found a partition with IBM SERVICE 4.74 GB FAT32 HEALTY EISA CONFIGURATION. Could my original windows and RESCUE AND RECOVERY be in this partition?

Cheers

Fanfold Paper
Rob4Rob

[ Edited ]

Yes, the system recovery should be located in that partition.

I dont have any specific links to download any version of Windows but i know there are plenty. a search on google will pull up more than enough links.

if you want a recovery disk from lenovo you have to call their support phone numbers for the 3000 and value line systems , I do have a link for that  http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-63260

Fanfold Paper
SUNMOLA

Thanks a lot .

I'll check up the partition again and follow the link you provided.

I appreciate.

Sunmola

Fanfold Paper
SUNMOLA

infact i have just validated my widows xp installed copy with microsoft using the codes under my laptop. Hoping to be able to move forward towards solving the many problems.

The next one i'll try to tackle now is a way to delete other windows options that appear at the start up of my sytem and the WIN7 folder that still appears in my IBM_PRELOAD C.

cheers