Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
kenleigh
Accepted Solution

C200 all in one graphics question

I have  a C200 all in one and have just put a new hard drive in but when I come to put all important updates on I blocked the display-Intel(R) graphics media accelerator 3150 because I crashed my pc twice.on the old hard drive so I assume it will happen to the new hard drive.

I was instructed on the  phone by lenovo at the time  on how to start up my PC and uninstall the up- date.as there was a problem with it,.and told not to install the update in the future.

My question is,  does  the problem still exist or is there  another way to update my graphics, because someone has solved it ?.

My PC is three years old so I assume there is a way to update the graphics after so long a time.

Regards.

Leigh.

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 350
Solutions: 235

Re: C200 all in one graphics question

Hi Leigh,

Go back into Control Panel, Device Manager, Display adapter.  Open Display adapter  and copy down what you see in the line that comes up.  Then double click the line that comes up and copy the version of the driver and the date.  Post that stuff here and I'll find out what's up with any updates.

Have you had any problems with the graphics that you feel  an update is necessary?

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
kenleigh

Hi Dave,

below is what I found following you instructions.

Two lines came up

( ONE)

Intel(R) Graphics Media Acceleratror3510

NVIDIA ION

driver provider intel Corporation

Date 23-09-2009

Driver version 8 14.10.

Digital signer Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

(TWO)

driver provider... NVIDIA

Driver date15-04-210

digital signer Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

I have a fish screen saver that wont run, but I have not had time as yet to see if any other problems arise.

As you know I only had the new hard drive for a week and I and I need to know if an update of the driver is possible.

Thank you for your rapid response as always I hope for pearls of wisdom from you  again.

Regards.

Leigh.

topmahof

Hi Leigh,

More questions.  When you say you blocked the update, was this a Windows Update?

The reason I ask is because getting a driver from Windows update sometimes results in buggy drivers.  It's best to download a driver from the driver page for the specific machine.

Dave

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
kenleigh

Hi Dave,

the original update was from microsoft and they classed it as an important update , and when it crashed my PC  I looked for an alternative on lenovo but found none but i did find some  gossip on the web that Intel and lenovo had not managed to resolved the matter of  an update for the graphics.

I found a number of people that were asking for it to be resolved as they wanted a or needed an up-date for the lenovo C200all in one but when i did a search i could not find any update on lenovo and that was around one year ago.

I assume that after all this time there is one as mine are three years old now but if there is one, i have no clue where it is.

Hope this is of help as i do not know what else to tell you.

Regards.

Leigh.

PS  Hope are knighted for all your efforts.

topmahof

Hi Leigh,

I did some searching and checking and here's what I found.

There is a driver on your driver site for the Intel graphics.  It's version 8.14.10.1929. release date:  4/09/2010 which sounds like yours.  Here's the rub.  It says that this was modified on 11/12/2010. 

There's a Nvidia graphics driver version 275.33 release date 09/01/2011.  

You have switchable graphics in your computer, did you know that?  It uses the Intel graphics until it needs more graphics power, then it's supposed to switch to the Nvidia graphics automatically.  

There's also a bios driver version 14  release date 03/03/2011.  Do you know how to get into the bios to check which version bios you have?  Restart the computer and press F2 at the Lenovo startup screen.  This should take you into the setup. Be careful in there, don't change anything, just see what bios version you have.  Also open the graphics in configuration and tell me what it says in there.  For the graphics to work correctly, we might have to update the bios if you have an older version.

Before we do anything we're going to want to set a Windows restore point.  Do you know how to do that?

I'll get you the links for this stuff when I'm sure about the information that you give me.

Dave

Punch Card
kenleigh

Hi Dave,

I   did not now about switchable graphics or any of the other things you mentioned and as for going into the bios i have no clue but i can do a system restore.

I am learning so much from you that i have every faith that i can do what you advise and as you say I will take my time and  care .

I will be in touch in a day or two when i get it clear in my head what  i need to do and provide the information you need.

Regards.

Leigh.

topmahof

Hi Leigh,

We just need to set a restore point, not actually do a system restore.

I know I just threw a bunch of stuff at you, we'll take it a step at a time.  You don't have to do everything at once. I just want to make sure we do this right the first time.

Dave

Punch Card
kenleigh

Hi Dave,

I nearly had kittens when you mentioned the bios but after a day or two thinking  about  what you said  I took my time and had a go    Step one restart the computer and press F2    this did not work as what I wanted  did not show anything to do with bios,  so I goggled  it and  and  found an other way to do it  and I pray the information I found is what you asked for.

(   Made a restore point.)

Intel(R)media accelerator 3150

Driver Provider Intel corporation

Driver date 23/09/2009

driver version 8.14.10.1929

Nvidia.

Driver Nvidia

Driver date 15/04/210

Bios date 06/08/10

Truly hope this is the info you need so I can reach the next level of your instructions.

Regards.

Leigh.              

I found out later that the F1  key would have shown the bios menue   .

topmahof

Hi Leigh,

I can't keep up with the different key presses to get somewhere.

I don't know what a C200 bios looks like, but I need you to go back in there and write down the version.  It will be on the first page that comes up. I also need you to go to the configuration tab at the top of the page and see if there is an entry that will say something like display or graphics. Tell me what is listed for the graphics or display.  I also don't know whether your machine uses optimus to switch the graphics.  If it does, there will be an option in the bios to enable it or disable it.  Make sure it is enabled if it is there.

Your mouse won't work in the bios, you have to use the arrow keys.  When you're done in there, press F10 to save and exit.

It looks like there are updated versions of the bios, the intel graphics and the Nvidia graphics.  For all of them to work together, the bios has to be up to date. Your driver page lists the version as 14, that's why I need to know what version you have.

Dave