Support in other languages: 
topmahof
Topics: 36
Kudos: 337
Solutions: 227

Re: C200 all in one graphics question

[ Edited ]

Hi Leigh,

I don't know why the WEI went down like it did.  Run it for awhile and see if it is better or worse than it was.  Let me know what you think.  Does your screensaver work any better or worse?  

It sounds like everything installed okay, we'll just have to wait and see how everything works.

Let me know.

Dave 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
Punch Card
kenleigh

Hi Dave,

I do not know why but recently while watching you tube I find that my internet explorer  stops  working and when I close the page it comes back on.

It  seems OK on a movie but yesterday  I turned my PC on and when I went to use it an hour later my fish screen- saver had kicked in but was frozen and all the fish had stopped moving so I right clicked to stop it as I would normally do and it was back to my usual desktop page.

I hope you don;t mind but is it possible the driver I downloaded is not as compatible as it should be? I say this only because before my base score went down my screensaver was tending to flicker but now it has began to freeze, 

I have tried to find out more on google for hours but all I can gather is it may be my graphics or it might be my settings.

Wish I knew more as I feel inadequate and that you are doing all the hard work.

Regards.

Leigh.

topmahof

Hi Leigh,

It could very well be that the Nvidia driver is being buggy.  I don't have anything here with Nvidia graphics in it so I don't know what the control panel looks like.  Open the Nvidia control panel and look at the settings in there.  See if there is anything in there that might have to do with a power setting or a power saving mode.

Something in the 3d settings might give us a clue.  

We might be able to revert the driver to the previous version without using the system restore point that you set. First though, let me know if you see anything questionable in the control panel settings. You'll have to help me out with that because I don't have anything here to refer to.  If you don't see anything, we'll try to revert the driver back to the previous setting.

Dave 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
Punch Card
kenleigh

Hi Dave ,

I put in search for 3D and three options came up ...3D vision viewer...3D  vision pack 1..Enable and disable.

All three said the same thing when clicked..Primary displays adapter does not support Nvidia 3D vision.

Next I looked for the nvidia control panel and there was 3D settings and a list of features and settings with a note at the end of them saying  Nvidia  3D graphics are not compatible with integrated graphics.

I tried to copy and paste the whole list to you but it would not work, but if you like I will write them all down and send them to you they number about three pages in all

the box that came up with select a task on 3D settings said...ajust image settings with preview ...,manage 3D settings  and below it said ..Video giving the options of....ajust video color setting and....ajust video image settings..

I Have never looked at these things before but now I have seen them I feel  a bit overwhelmed.

well Dave hope this is of help if more is needed I will do my best to find it, pity about the cut and paste not working as it may have given you a clearer picture.

Regards.

leigh.

topmahof

[ Edited ]

Hi Leigh,

That's ok, I don't think we have to do all that.

I think we should use that restore point that you set and take the system back to before we installed those two drivers.  The bios will stay the same.  It should put the older Intel driver and the older Nvidia driver back on. Do you know how to do a system restore?

After you do the restore, go into Device Manager and open the display adapters and see if it reverted back to the previous drivers.  If it did, then you can update the Intel driver like you did before.  Leave the Nvidia driver alone, don't update that one.

After you do that, run the WEI again and see if the graphics improved.

Sorry about giving you so much work to do.

Dave 

Punch Card
kenleigh

Hi Dave,

I can do a system restore but wondered if the options in the driver box to restore to previous driver is worth doing , it might be feasible  to use it  or is it  possible that doing it that way might not work?.

You have nothing to apologize  for because from my point of view I am getting all the help I need  to get things right , and in return    you are helping me to learn so much more than I thought possible ,so my friend you should feel nothing but proud.

Regards.

Leigh.

topmahof

Hi Leigh,

Sure, you can try that.  I didn't realize that the option to restore to a previous driver was still there.  Try it and run the WEI score again and see what it says.  If it doesn't get any better, then we can use your restore point.  

I suppose we're both learning about this Nvidia stuff together.

If this puts the older Nvidia driver back and it works like it did before, we're going to clean up the system.  There's a certain risk involved, but I think the benefits outweigh the risks.

Dave

Punch Card
kenleigh

Hi Dave

I rolled back to previous Nvidia driver and it worked the old  8.14.10 driver is restored , but I found my web pages too big as I could not see the x that closes the box but I changed my display settings from  the recommended  1366x768 down to   1360x 768  and it worked as it now shows the box to close any open page.

I ran the performance index after the old driver was restored and it went as followed..Graphics  Intel (R) graphics media 3150 sub score  2.3 which is better than the 2.0  I had, but I  wondered what it would do if I put the power settings back to the recommended balanced settings  in place of the high performance we set it to last week.

Guess what , when I ran the rating again all ratings were the same apart from one and that was the graphics , it has gone from 2.3  to  2.9  I assume that is better, " hope so"  Its not the 3.1   I  originally had but its not far off.

Am I to assume that the Nvidia driver problem for the Lenovo c200 all in one from 3 years ago has still not been resolved and that there is no update for it or is there some other update that will work?.

Regards.

Leigh.

topmahof

Hi Leigh,

The graphics problem from before concerned the Intel 3150, not the Nvidia.  As far as I can tell, there was never a problem with the Nvidia graphics.  

I'm not at home right now and I'm on a real slow internet connection.  I'll get back to you when I get home.

Dave 

topmahof

Hi Leigh,

All this installing and uninstalling has probably hogged up the system somewhat, so we're going to clean it up, ok?

Download and install ccleaner , it'll clean up the system.  Click the link and on the upper right it will say latest version. Click on that and it will install.  Don't let it install anything else.  Free programs want to install other programs and toobars, just say no and uncheck anything else it might want to install. Let it put an icon on the desktop, you don't really need it in the Start Menu. 

Once it's installed open it and click analyze and it will come up with all this stuff to clean.  It should say whether you want it to intelligently scan the cookies, say ok. Click run cleaner.  It will clean up the browser history, cookies, by default it won't delete passwords.  

Next, over on the left click registry.  At the bottom click scan for issues. When it's done scanning click fix issues.  

Running a registry cleaner can sometimes make Windows not boot, so there is some risk. Although I use it all the time and it never happened to me.  I think you need to do it though. It'll clean up any remnants of programs and installers that could be messing with your system.

Awaiting,

Dave